Joseph Johann Adam, Prince of Liechtenstein
|Joseph Johann Adam|
|Prince of Liechtenstein|
|Reign||11 October 1721 – 17 December 1732|
|Successor||Joseph Wenzel I|
25 May 1690|
|Died||17 December 1732
|Burial||Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Brno|
|Spouse||Maria Gabriele of Liechtenstein
Marianne of Thun-Hohenstein
Maria Anna of Oettingen-Spielberg
Maria Anna Kottulinska
|Mother||Countess Eleonore Barbara of Thun-Hohenstein|
Born in Vienna, he was the only living son of Anton Florian, Prince of Liechtenstein. Johann Josef Adam served under his father for a short time during the War of the Spanish Succession and later fought against the French under the Duke of Marlborough. After the Treaty of Utrecht he became Imperial Privy Counsellor in Vienna.
Marriages and issue
- Prince Karl Anton Joseph Adam Bruno (6 October 1713 – 25 March 1715)
On 3 February 1716, Joseph married secondly Marianne, Countess of Thun-Hohenstein (27 September 1698 – 23 February 1716), but his new bride died only 20 days after the wedding.
On 3 August 1716, in Vienna, Joseph married thirdly to Maria Anna Katharina, Countess of Oettingen-Spielberg (21 September 1693 – 15 April 1729), daughter of Francis Albert, 1st Prince of Oettingen-Spielberg in 1735 (previously Count). They had five children:
- Princess Maria Eleonore Johanna Walburga Josepha (8 June 1717 – 1 July 1718).
- Prince Joseph Anton Franz Johann Nepomuk (17 Apr 1720 – 28 November 1723).
- Princess Maria Theresia Eleonora Walburga Innocentia (28 December 1721 – 19 January 1753), married Prince Joseph of Schwarzenberg.
- Johann Nepomuk Karl, Prince of Liechtenstein (6 July 1724 – 22 December 1748).
- Princess Maria Elisabeth Eleonore (born and died 18 May 1728).
On 22 August 1729, Joseph married fourthly to Maria Anna, Countess Kottulinska von Kottulin (12 May 1707 – 6 February 1788). They had two children:
- Prince Anton Thomas Joseph Franz de Paula Johann Nepomuk Adam (21 December 1730 – 1731).
- Princess Maria Anna Josefa Antonia Franz de Paula (posthumously 2 April 1733 – 10 December 1734).
|Ancestors of Joseph Johann Adam, Prince of Liechtenstein|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josef Johann Adam, Prince of Liechtenstein.|
Joseph Johann Adam, Prince of LiechtensteinBorn: 1690 Died: 1732
|Prince of Liechtenstein
Joseph Wenzel I
|This Liechtenstein biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|