Johann Lafer (born September 27, 1957 in Sankt Stefan im Rosental, Styria, Austria) is an Austrian chef living in Germany.
Johann Lafer became well-known through his televised cooking show and his numerous cookbooks. His television show is self-produced.
He is a regular guest of the television host Markus Lanz, in whose show he regularly prepares meals in front of an audience.
He lives with his wife Silvia and two children Jennifer and Jonathan in a little village called Guldental.
He also operates a hotel called Stromberg Castle in Stromberg and a cooking school in Guldental.
He also acts as a pilot in his Helicopter dining program.
- In 1997 Johann was named "Chef of the Year" by "Gault Millau"
- In 2006 he was given a star by "Guide Michelin".
- Owns a castle named Stromsburg in Stromberg. The castle is his place of residence and also a hotel with two restaurants
- Runs also a cookery school at Stromburg Castle
- Produces his own cooking show on television.