This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1964 (age 56–57)|
|Education||American Academy of Dramatic Arts|
Johanna Day (born 1964) is an American actress. She was nominated for two Tony Awards for her performances in the 2000 play Proof and the 2016 production of the play Sweat. Her other accolades include a Helen Hayes Award and an Obie Award, as well as nominations for a Drama Desk Award, a Drama League Award, an Outer Critics Circle Award and two Lucille Lortel Awards.
In 2008 she was a nominee for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play for her role of Ann in the Second Stage Theatre production of Edward Albee's Peter and Jerry.
In 2017 she was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her role in Sweat.
Johanna was born 1963 in Winchester, Virginia and grew up in Rappahannock County, Virginia. She is the daughter and ninth child of Eileen Mitchell Day of Sperryville and Walter Day of Flint Hill. She graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in 1984.
She appeared as Barbara Fordham in the 2007 performance of August: Osage County at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway and played Claire in the 2000 production of David Auburn's Proof at the Walter Kerr Theatre.
- 2010 Middletown, by Will Eno, Vineyard Theatre
- 2010 Oliver Parker!, by Elizabeth Meriwether, Cherry Lane Theater
- 2008 Almost an Evening, by Ethan Coen, Atlantic Theater Company
- 2007 Peter and Jerry, by Edward Albee, Second Stage Theatre
- 2006 Satellites, by Diana Son, Public Theater
- 2006 The Rainmaker, by N. Richard Nash, Arena Stage
- 2002 Bliss, by Ben Bettenbender, Rattlestick Playwrights Theater
- 2002 Helen, by Ellen McLaughlin, The Public Theater
- 1998 Once in a Lifetime, by Moss Hart & George S. Kaufman, Linda Gross Theater
- 1997 How I Learned to Drive, by Paula Vogel, Century Center for the Performing Arts
- 1996 Blue Window, by Craig Lucas, New York City Center Stage
- 1994 3 Postcards, by Craig Lucas & Craig Carnelia, Circle in the Square Theatre
Joanna Day has frequently appeared in guest roles on television dramas including on Alpha House, Madam Secretary, Elementary, Masters of Sex, The Americans, Royal Pains, Fringe, Judging Amy, All My Children, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. She appeared in the 2011 television short Henry.
- "Helen Hayes Award goes to Johanna Day", by Richard Lykes Archived 2014-01-03 at the Wayback Machine Fairfax County News, May 10, 2007
- Chats with Johanna Day and Tim Acito, by Joel Markowitz, DC Theatre Scene, May 1, 2008
- Johanna Day at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Johanna Day biography at IMDb
- A Review of ‘Oblivion,’ at Westport Country Playhouse, by Anita Gates, New York Times, August 29, 2013
- Johanna Day, R. Ward Duffy and Amelia Campbell Are Good People at Penn State Centre Stage, by Andrew Gans, June 12, 2013
- "The Realistic Joneses, With Johanna Day, Tracy Letts and Parker Posey, Premieres at Yale Rep", by Adam Hetrick, playbill.com, Apr 20, 2012
- Johanna Day at Playbill Vault
- Vineyard Theatre: Johanna Day
- Johanna Day Filmography at MDb
- Full Cast & Crew of All My Children at IMDb