Johanna ter Steege
|Johanna ter Steege|
10 May 1961 |
She won the European Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her movie debut in The Vanishing (1988). Among her other films are Robert Altman's Vincent & Theo (1990), István Szabó's Meeting Venus (1991) and Sweet Emma, Dear Böbe (1992), Bernard Rose's Immortal Beloved (1994), and Bruce Beresford's Paradise Road (1997).
In 1994, after Julia Roberts and Uma Thurman declined, Stanley Kubrick cast her for his adaptation of Louis Begley's novel Wartime Lies. Kubrick abandoned the project after Steven Spielberg's success with Schindler's List.
- The Vanishing (1988, as Saskia Wagter)
- Vincent & Theo (1990, as Jo Bonger)
- Immortal Beloved (1994, as Johanna Reiss)
- Istanbul (2011, as Katalin Munk; directed by Ferenc Török)
- Achtste Groepers Huilen Niet (2012, as Moeder Akkie)
- To Life (2014, as Lili)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Johanna ter Steege.|
|This article about a Dutch actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|