|Academic advisors||Raghu Ramakrishnan|
Johannes Gehrke is a German Computer Scientist and a Technical Fellow in the Enterprise and Devices Group at Microsoft known for his work in database systems, distributed systems, and data mining. He is an ACM Fellow and the recipient of the 2011 IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award. From 1999 to 2015, he was a faculty member at Cornell, and at the moment of his leaving was the Tisch University Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University.
Johannes Gehrke studied from 1990 to 1993 computer science at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, received an M.S. degree from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin in 1995, and his PhD from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1999 for a thesis in data mining.
From 1999 to 2015, Gehrke was a professor in the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University. His research group was popularly known as the Big Red Data Group. Gehrke was also Chief Scientist at Fast Search and Transfer.
Gehrke received a National Science Foundation Career Award, a Sloan Research Fellowship, and a Humboldt Research Award. In 2011, he received the IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award and a Blavatnik Award for Young Scientists. In 2014, he became a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- "Four Cornell faculty members receive NSF 'Early Career' awards | Cornell Chronicle". news.cornell.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "2003 Annual Report, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation" (PDF).
- "Johannes Gehrke • IEEE Computer Society". www.computer.org. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Johannes Gehrke | Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists". blavatnikawards.org. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "ACM Names Fellows for Innovations in Computing". www.acm.org. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Database Management Systems (Third Edition)". www.cs.wisc.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Johannes Gehrke's homepage at Cornell: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/johannes/
- Database research at Cornell University: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/bigreddata/
- Johannes Gehrke at DBLP: http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/g/Gehrke:Johannes.html
|This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|