|Full name||Johannes Gideon Andries Jonker|
|Date of birth||22 August 1994|
|Place of birth||East London, South Africa|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||118 kg (18 st 8 lb; 260 lb)|
|School||Hudson Park High School, East London|
|Rugby union career|
Johannes Gideon Andries Jonker (born 22 August 1994 in East London, South Africa) is a South African rugby union player, currently playing with Top 14 side Montpellier as a medical joker on loan from Super Rugby side Lions and South African domestic Currie Cup side the Golden Lions. His regular position is prop.
Jonker was selected to represent Border in several youth tournaments. In 2007, he played for them in the Under-13 Craven Week competition, in 2010 he played at the Under-16 Grant Khomo Week and in 2012 he played at the Under-18 Craven Week competition.
He subsequently joined their academy and played for the Border U19 side in the 2012 and the 2013 Under-19 Provincial Championships. He helped them win promotion from Division B to Division A in 2012, but was also part of the side that got relegated back to Division B in 2013.
His first class debut came during the 2014 Vodacom Cup competition. With the Border Rugby Football Union in financial strife, they only had eleven contracted players on their books and gave opportunities to some of their academy players, with Jonker being one of those. He made his debut in their Round One match against the Sharks XV in East London. He started all seven of their matches in the competition and also scored his first try in their final match against the Boland Cavaliers in Piketberg.
His performances in that competition also led to his inclusion in the Border Bulldogs squad for the 2014 Currie Cup qualification series and he made his Currie Cup debut in the opening match of that competition by coming on as a second-half substitute in their match against Griquas in Kimberley.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Johannes Jonker". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Bankrupt BRFU can't pay staff". Daily Dispatch. 16 January 2014. Archived from the original on 29 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Nuwe era vir Bulldogs begin vandag" (in Afrikaans). Die Burger. 7 March 2014. Archived from the original on 22 June 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Border Bulldogs 24-46 Cell C Sharks XV". South African Rugby Union. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Regent Boland Cavaliers 41-17 Border Bulldogs". South African Rugby Union. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "SA Rugby Squad – Border : 2014 Absa Currie Cup Qualifiers". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – GWK Griquas 52-5 Border". South African Rugby Union. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2016.