||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||9 October 1910|
|Died||23 September 1986(aged 75)|
|Commands held||SS Division Wiking|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Johannes-Rudolf Mühlenkamp (9 October 1910 – 23 September 1986) was a German SS commander during World War II who led SS Division Wiking. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Born in 1910, Mühlenkamp joined the NSDAP (Nazi Party) and the SS in April 1933 (party number 2,800,042 and the SS service number 86,065) and was posted to the SS-Verfügungstruppe (SS-VT) in 1934. Mühlenkamp was assigned to the Germania Regiment (SS Division Leibstandarte) in November 1937, and to the SS Division Das Reich. Between August and October 1944 he was commander of the Wiking division. His last command was the SS Division 30 January in 1945.
- Iron Cross of 1939 2nd class (3 October 1939) & 1st class (11 November 1939)
- German Cross in Gold on 2 January 1942 as SS-Hauptsturmführer in the Aufklärungs-Abteilung SS-Division "Reich"
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 98.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 317.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 553.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
SS-Oberführer Eduard Deisenhofer
|Commander of 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking
August 1944 – 9 October 1944
SS-Oberführer Karl Ullrich