Johannesburg-Durban High Speed Rail
||This article needs to be updated. (August 2016)|
In April 2010, the South African Minister of Transport proposed a Johannesburg–Durban high-speed rail system. There are concerns about the cost and engineering difficulty of the project, which would have to cross the Drakensberg mountains. but the minister repeated proposals in June 2010. The project is expected to cost U$30 billion, but there are hopes that alternative funding sources will be available. China Railway Group says it is in talks with the South African government for construction contracts.
- Rail transport in South Africa
- High-speed rail in South Africa
- Metrorail (South Africa)
- "Ndebele moots high-speed Joburg-Durban railway link". BusinessDay. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- "Durban-Gauteng Rail Corridor-This one won’t fly". Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- "South Africa to study HS demand - International Railway Journal". 2010-09-28. Archived from the original on 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "Railway Gazette: Ambitious plans will still need funding". Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- "China Day Ahead: Airplane Crash in Northeast, Ping An Insurance Earnings - Bloomberg". Retrieved 2010-09-19.