جوهري بن عبدال
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Sungai Petani, Kedah
|Assumed office |
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Mahadzir Mohd Khir (UMNO-BN)|
|Member of the Kedah State Legislative Assembly for Gurun|
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Leong Yong Kong (MCA-BN)|
Johari bin Abdul
25 May 1955
Tikam Batu, Sungai Petani, Kedah, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Alma mater||Lancaster University|
|Johari Abdul on Parliament of Malaysia|
Dato' Johari bin Abdul (Jawi: جوهري بن عبدال; born 25 May 1955) is a Malaysian politician. He is also currently the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Sungai Petani and Kedah State Legislative Assemblyman for the Gurun constituency in Kedah, Malaysia. He is a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR) in the ruling coalition Pakatan Harapan (PH).
Johari was elected to the Sungai Petani seat in the 2008 election, defeating Information Minister Zainuddin Maidin of the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition. He used to be a director of the National Civics Bureau (BTN). He has a master's degree in Strategic Studies from the University of Lancaster.
|2004||N28 Bakar Arang, P15 Sungai Petani||Johari Abdul (PKR)||5,305||26.82%||Seng Koon Huat (MCA)||14,204||71.82%||19,778||8,899||75.13%|
|2018||N22 Gurun, P12 Jerai||Johari Abdul (PKR)||10,732||37.60%||Boey Chin Gan (MCA)||6,525||22.90%||23,155||4,207||81.20%|
|Muzaini Azizan (PAS)||5,257||18.40%|
|Palaniappan Marimuthu (IND)||167||0.60%|
|1999||Johari Abdul (PKR)||19,742||38.25%||Mahadzir Mohd Khir (UMNO)||31,875||61.75%||55,457||12,133||76.54%|
|2008||Johari Abdul (PKR)||33,822||58.05%||Zainuddin Maidin (UMNO)||24,441||41.95%||59,378||9,381||77.84%|
|2013||Johari Abdul (PKR)||44,194||55.37%||Syamsul Anuar Che Mey (UMNO)||34,646||43.41%||81,024||9,548||86.96%|
|Suhaimi Hashim (KITA)||200||0.25%|
|Ong Wei Sin (IND)||772||0.97%|
|2018||Johari Abdul (PKR)||45,532||49.21%||Shahanim Mohd Yusoff (UMNO)||23,963||25.90%||93,847||21,569||83.36%|
|Sharir Long (PAS)||22,760||24.60%|
|Sritharan Pichathu (PRM)||279||0.30%|
- Kedah :
- "Johari bin Abdul, Y.B. Dato'" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 24 March 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Malaysia elections: 3 ministers, outgoing Penang Chief Minister defeated so far". channelnewsasia.com. 9 March 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Sivanandam, Hemananthani (9 December 2009). "BTN course facilitators handpicked, says former director". The Sun Daily. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- Deborah Loh (5 March 2010). "Johari Abdul (Sungai Petani)". The Nut Graph. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 10 May 2013. Percentage figures based on total turnout, excluding informal votes.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Kedah Sultan to honour 62". The Star. 18 January 2009. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|