|Yang Berhormat Dato'|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Sungai Petani, Kedah
Assumed office |
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Mahadzir Mohd Khir|
Johari bin Abdul|
25 May 1955
Tikam Batu, Sungai Petani, Kedah, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Alma mater||Lancaster University|
|Johari Abdul on Parliament of Malaysia|
Dato' Johari bin Abdul (born 25 May 1955) is a Malaysian politician and the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Sungai Petani constituency in Kedah, Malaysia. He is a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR) in the ruling coalition Pakatan Rakyat .
Johari was elected to the Sungai Petani seat in the 2008 election, defeating Information Minister Zainuddin Maidin of the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition. He used to be a director of the National Civics Bureau. He has a master's degree in Strategic Studies from the University of Lancaster.
|2008||Johari Abdul (PKR)||33,822||57%||Zainuddin Maidin (UMNO)||24,441||41%|
|2013||Johari Abdul (PKR)||44,194||54.7%||Syamsul Anuar Che Mey (UMNO)||34,646||42.9%||Ong Wei Sin (Ind)
Suhaimi Hashim (KITA)
|2018||Johari Abdul (PKR)||45,532||48.74%||Shahanim Mohd Yusoff (UMNO)||23,963||25.65%||Sharir Long (PAS))||22,760||24.36%||Sritharan Pichathu (Ind)||279||0.003%|
- "Johari bin Abdul, Y.B. Dato'" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 24 March 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "Malaysia elections: 3 ministers, outgoing Penang Chief Minister defeated so far". channelnewsasia.com. 9 March 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Sivanandam, Hemananthani (9 December 2009). "BTN course facilitators handpicked, says former director". The Sun (Malaysia).
- "Seriously speaking". The Star (Malaysia). 7 April 2008.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|