John A. Hawkins (linguist)
John A. Hawkins is Professor of English and Applied Linguistics at the Research Centre for English and Applied Linguistics (RCEAL) at the University of Cambridge. As of 2007 he is also a professor in the Department of Linguistics at UC Davis.
- Definiteness and Indefiniteness (1978, Humanities Press & Croom Helm)
- Word Order Universals (1983, Academic Press)
- A Comparative Typology of English and German (1986, Routledge & University of Texas Press)
- A Performance Theory of Order and Constituency (1994, Cambridge University Press)
- Efficiency and Complexity in Grammars (2004, Oxford University Press)
|This biography of a British linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|