John Ailwyn Fellowes, 4th Baron de Ramsey
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
John Ailwyn Fellowes, 4th Baron de Ramsey (born 27 February 1942) is a British landowner, agriculturalist, and the first chairman of the Environment Agency.
He has a longstanding interest in fenland drainage, acting as a commissioner for the Middle Level Commissioners, President of the Association of Drainage Authorities 1991-1994 and 2001-present, and a director of the Cambridge Water Company from 1974-1994.
Other roles include Chairman of the Cambridgeshire Farmers Union (1982), Director of the Shuttleworth Trust (1982–1995), Member of the Governing Body of the Institute of Plant Science Research (1984–1989), Director of Strutt and Parker (Farms) Limited (from 1993), and Director of the Lawes Agricultural Trust (from 1996). He is chairman of the Lawes Trust which owns the estate on which Rothamsted Research is based.
In 1995, Lord de Ramsey became the first chairman of the Environment Agency.
Family and personal life
John Ailwyn Fellowes was born in 1942, the elder son of Ailwyn Edward Fellowes, 3rd Baron de Ramsey. He was educated at Maidwell Hall, Northampton, Winchester College and Writtle Institute of Agriculture.
- Hon. Freddie John Fellowes (born 31 May 1978), who as Fred Fellowes runs the Secret Garden Party music festival each year.
- Hon. Charles Henry Fellowes b. 1986
- Hon. Daisy Lilah Fellowes b. 1988
- Hon. Flora Mary Fellowes b. 1991.
The family lives at Abbots Ripton Hall, Huntingdonshire.
- Property (2006-09-23). "Village voice". Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- http://www.angliafarmers.co.uk/content/moreinfo.asp?mid=401. Retrieved March 18, 2012. Missing or empty
- "People of Today Index, People of Today, People of Influence | Debrett's". Debretts.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/alumni/graduation/hongrads/page25050.html. Retrieved March 18, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Person Page 35782". Thepeerage.com. 1995-05-15. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- Mark Beaumont. "Festivals guide | Festival founders | Music". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- "Person Page 14289". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Ailwyn Edward Fellowes
|Baron de Ramsey