John Allan (businessman)
Allan's experience spans retail, logistics and housebuilding. He was deputy chairman of retailer Dixons Carphone and a non-executive director at Royal Mail. He was also previously chairman of Samsonite and he has been a non-executive director at National Grid, PHS Group and Hamleys. Allan was noted as an instrumental figure in the £3.7bn merger of Dixons and Carphone Warehouse.
- "Tesco plc". Companies House. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Here's everything we know about Tesco's new chairman, John Allan". City AM. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- Butler, Sarah (17 February 2015). "Tesco announces John Allan as new chairman". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "What you need to know about John Allan, the new Tesco chairman". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- Davey, James. "Dixons and Carphone agree 3.8 billion pound retail merger". U.K. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|