John Anthony Derrington
|John Anthony Derrington|
|Born||24 December 1921
|Died||9 February 2008(aged 86)|
|Institutions||Institution of Civil Engineers (president), Institution of Structural Engineers (president),[Offshore Engineering Society (president)|
Affiliations and honours
He was a fellow of the ICE, of the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE; 1984-85), and of the Royal Academy of Engineering. He was elected president of the IStructE for the 1979–80 session, of the ICE for the 1984–85 session and of the Offshore Engineering Society for 1987–88. In the 1986 Birthday Honours, he was invested as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Who's Who of British Engineers. Ohio University Press. 1968. p. 159. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Masterton, Gordon (2005), ICE Presidential Address, archived from the original on 3 January 2011, retrieved 24 October 2010
- Watson 1988, p. 254.
- "John Derrington Memorial Service". Institution of Civil Engineers. Retrieved 31 December 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Discussion on Multi-storey Construction in Concrete". Institution of Civil Engineers. doi:10.1680/iicep.1958.2452;jsessionid=3p26lc4bsmfr.z-telford-01 (inactive 2017-08-21). Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "No. 50551". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 1986. p. 7.
- "Obituary: John Derrington CBE F.R.Eng". The Argus. 15 February 2008. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
|Professional and academic associations|
James Anthony Gaffney
|President of the Institution of Civil Engineers
November 1984 – November 1985