John Armstrong (footballer, born 1987)
|Full name||John William Armstrong|
|Date of birth||25 June 1987|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2003–2007||Heart of Midlothian|
|2007–2009||Heart of Midlothian||0||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Cowdenbeath (loan)||19||(1)|
|2008–2009||→ Cowdenbeath (loan)||31||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 January 2016.
Armstrong joined Hearts from their youth system and tasted his first involvement of senior action when he was named as an unused substitute in their Scottish Premier League match against Dunfermline Athletic on 2 January 2007. He made his debut as a substitute at the same venue on 3 February 2007, as Dunfermline beat Hearts 1–0 in the Scottish Cup.
He joined Cowdenbeath on a season-long loan in July 2007, and was again loaned to Cowdenbeath in the 2008–09 season. On 13 October 2009 the defender left Hearts to return to Cowdenbeath, signing a two-year deal with the side. After six years with the club, Cowdenbeath agreed to terminate Armstrong's contract in November 2015, to enable him to pursue other career opportunities. Shortly after leaving Central Park, Armstrong signed for Scottish Junior side Edinburgh United.
- Lindsay, Clive (3 February 2007). "Dunfermline Ath 1-0 Hearts". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Hughes yet to agree terms with Hearts, The Scotsman, 10 July 2007.
- "Cowdenbeath take SPL duo on loan". BBC Sport. BBC. 1 September 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Armstrong signs on at Cowdenbeath". BBC Sport. BBC.
- "John Armstrong". cowdenbeathfc.com. 30 November 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
|This biographical article related to a defender from Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|