John Axel Nannfeldt
|John Axel Nannfeldt|
18 January 1904|
4 November 1985 (aged 81)|
|Alma mater||Uppsala University|
|Author abbrev. (botany)||Nannf.|
Nannfeldt studied natural history at the University of Uppsala and obtained a doctorate degree in 1932. He became professor of botany at Uppsala University in 1939, a position he held until his retirement in 1970. He did numerous studies on the systematics of fungi and vascular plants. Among the groups he treated were the plant pathogenic rust fungi, smut fungi and Exobasidium. He also treated taxonomy and biogeography of various groups of vascular plants, e.g. the arctic Poa laxa complex.
Nannfeldt published the exsiccate work Fungi Exsiccati Suecici, praesertim Upsalienses together with Lennart Holm and others.
He was elected member no. 983 of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in 1955.
- F. A. S. (1986). "Death notices". Taxon. 35 (2): 467. JSTOR 1221342.
- Nannfeldt, J. A. (1932). Studien über die Morphologie und Systematik der nicht-lichenisierten inoperculaten Discomyceten (Thesis, Uppsala University). Nova acta Regiae societatis scientiarum upsaliensis - Ser. 4. v. 8, no. 2. Almqvist & Wiksell. p. 368.
- Hylander, N.; I. Jørstad; J. A. Nannfeldt (1953). Enumeratio Uredinearum Scandinavicarum. Opera Botanica. 1. pp. 1–102.
- Nannfeldt, J. A. (1977). "The species of Anthracoidea (Ustilaginales) on Carex subgen. Vignea with special regard to the Nordic species". Botaniska Notiser. 130: 351–375.
- Nannfeldt, J. A. (1981). "Exobasidium, a taxonomic reassessment applied to the European species". Symbolae Botanicae Upsalienses. 23: 1–72.
- Nannfeldt, J. A. (1963). "Taxonomic differentiation as an indicator of the migratory history of the North Atlantic Flora with special regard to the Scandes". In Löve, Á.; Löve, D. North Atlantic Biota and their History: A symposium held at University of Iceland, Reykjavík July 1962. Oxford: Pergamon Press.
- Eckblad FE. (1968). "The genera of the operculate discomycetes". Nytt Magasin for Botanik. 15: 116.
- IPNI. Nannf.