John Barber (artist, scholar)
Barber's sound art has been featured in a number of international festivals and exhibitions.
In 2010, Sounds of My Life featured at Lisbon's annual RadiaLx International Festival of Radio Art, and event to which Barber's work returned in 2012 with Tell Me A Story. In 2013, Between Sleep and Dreams was included in events across Canada, Estonia, and Portugal. In 2017, Barber's work was included in the Audiograft International Festival of Experimental Music and Sound hosted by Oxford Brookes University and Brazil's Festival Internacional de Linguagem Eletronica.
As a scholar of media art and digital storytelling, Barber has been published in a range of journals and academic volumes, including Digital Humanities Quarterly, The Mobile Story, and Transdisciplinary Digital Art.
In 2001, he co-edited New worlds, new words: Exploring Pathways for Writing about and in Electronic Environments with Dene Grigar, while he has also edited a book and completed an annotated bibliography on Richard Brautigan.
- "radialx2010". radialx.radiozero.pt. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- Belousov, Nikita. "radialx 2012". radialx.radiozero.pt. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "Between Sleep and Dreams". Framework Radio. 2013. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "OSSO". Osso (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "JUKEBOX". AUDIOGRAFT FESTIVAL. 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "Sonic Miniatures". www.nouspace.net. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "Barber > 11'22"". www.nouspace.net. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "Remembering the Dead: Northern Ireland". newbinarypress.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- Barber, John F. (2016-01-01). "Sound and Digital Humanities: reflecting on a DHSI course". 10 (1).
- "The Mobile Story: Narrative Practices with Locative Technologies (Hardback) - Routledge". Routledge.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- Transdisciplinary Digital Art - Sound, Vision and the New Screen | Randy Adams | Springer.
- Barber, John F; Grigar, Dene (2001-01-01). New worlds, new words: exploring pathways for writing about and in electronic environments. Cresskill, N.J.: Hampton Press. ISBN 1572733330.
- Barber, John F (2007-01-01). Richard Brautigan: essays on the writings and life. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Co. ISBN 9780786425259.
- Barber, John F (1991-01-01). Richard Brautigan: an annotated bibliography. London: McFarland. ISBN 0899505252.