John Bartlett Angel
John Bartlett Angel, CM (June 12, 1913 – January 10, 1993) born St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, recipient of the Order of Canada for his work in the improvement of education and welfare in Newfoundland through his voluntary service to the province of Newfoundland.
Angel is the fourth-generation president of the United Nail and Foundry Company Limited, of St. John's, Newfoundland. Angel's mother was Mary Elizabeth Bartlett, sister of Captain Robert Bartlett. Angel was a member of the following northern expeditions on the Effie M. Morrissey:
These are some of the other accomplishments and awards that Angel has received:
- Canadian Centennial Medal,
- honorary life membership, Canadian Cancer Society,
- life membership, Association of Professional Engineers of Newfoundland,
- honorary Doctor of Engineering Degree, Memorial University of Newfoundland,
- member, Order of Canada,
- gold medal award, Canadian Council of Professional Engineers.
|This biographical article about a Canadian activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|