May 14, 1968 |
Meridian, Mississippi, USA
|Education||Culinary Institute of America|
|Spouse(s)||Jenifer Besh (attorney)|
John Besh (born May 14, 1968, in Meridian, Mississippi) is an American chef, TV personality, philanthropist, restaurateur and author.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Besh was born in Meridian, Mississippi, and raised in south Louisiana.
Besh's restaurants include:
- August – New Orleans’ Central Business District – contemporary French cuisine with an emphasis on local ingredients.
- Besh Steak – Harrah's New Orleans Casino – steakhouse.
- Borgne – Hyatt Regency – coastal Louisiana cuisine, such as shrimp toast rissoles, oyster spaghetti and seafood stuffed flounder.
- Domenica – Roosevelt Hotel – Italian; name means “Sunday” in Italian.
- Pizza Domenica – Uptown New Orleans - A casual spinoff of Domenica featuring counter service and a great beer selection.
- La Provence – Lacombe, Louisiana – French.
- Lüke – New Orleans Central Business District and San Antonio – French, German and Creole cuisine.
- Johnny Sanchez - New Orleans Central Business District and Baltimore - Mexican-Inspired.
- Shaya - New Orleans Garden District - Modern Israeli cuisine.
- Willa Jean - The Paramount at South Market District - bakery and restaurant opening in August 2015.
- "The Caribbean Room, Bayou Bar, Hot Tin, Silverwhistle Cafe" - All located at the historic Pontchartrain Hotel Opened Summer of 2016 represent the highest in fine dining, refined bar food, craft cocktails and palate pleasing New Orleans breakfast staples respectively.
- Chefs A' Field
- Iconoclasts - episode 17, broadcast November 22, 2007
- Food Network Challenge - judge
- Iron Chef America
- The Next Iron Chef - runner-Up, season 1
- Top Chef - New Orleans guest, season 5 finale
- Top Chef Masters - contestant
- Treme - self, season 1, episode 7 "Smoke My Peace Pipe"
- Inedible To Incredible - host
- Chef John Besh's Family Table - host
- Hungry Investors - host
- NCIS: New Orleans - episode 22 (Help Wanted), season 2; broadcast May 3, 2016
- My Family Table: A Passionate Plea for Home Cooking, 2011, ISBN 978-1-4494-0787-2.
- My New Orleans: The Cookbook: 200 of My Favorite Recipes & Stories from My Hometown, 2009, ISBN 978-0-7407-8413-2.
- Cooking From The Heart: My Favorite Lessons Learned Along the Way, 2013, ISBN 978-1449430566.
- Besh Big Easy: 101 Home-Cooked New Orleans Recipes, September 2015, ISBN 978-1449469177.
- New Orleans Program: Eat, Exercise, and Enjoy Life, with David A., M.D. Newsome, 2006, ISBN 978-1-58980-344-2.
- Introduction to Military High Life. Elegant Food Histories and Recipes by Agostino Von Hassell, 2006, ISBN 978-1-931948-60-9.
- Forward to Trout Point Lodge Cookbook: Creole Cuisine from New Orleans to Nova Scotia, Random House, 2004
Besh has contributed recipes or been featured in the following books:
- The Heirloom Tomato Cookbook by Mimi Luebbermann, Robert Holmes, and Dan Mills, 2006, ISBN 978-0-8118-5355-2.
- The Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine by John D. Folse, 2004, p. 786, ISBN 978-0-9704457-1-1.
- The Pleasure of Your Company: Entertaining in High Style by Kimberly Schlegel, 2004, p. 122, ISBN 978-1-58685-314-3.