John Both de Bajna
Baron John Both de Bajna (Croatian: Ivan Bot od Bajne, Hungarian: bajnai Both János ; ? – 1493) was a Hungarian nobleman from the Both family, who served as, alongside Emeric Derencsényi, Ban of Croatia, Slavonia and Dalmatia in 1493. His brother, Andrew Both also acted as ban from 1504 to 1507. Lord of Sykava in 1492, John was killed in the siege of Brinje in 1493.
He married Apollonia Csapy, daughter of the nobleman Andrew Csapy, captain of the castle of Szentgyörgy in the Zala County between approx. 1441 and 1448. The familyname of Apollonia Csapy's mother is unknown, as in all the charts she appears only as "Helene". Apollonia's sister, Helen Csapy, married George Forster de Szenterzsébet. From John Both and Apollonia Csapy's union comes János Both of Bajna (†1521), Vice-Ban of Croatia, captain of the fortress of Belgrade (nándorfehérvári vicebáró). He is killed by the army of Suleiman the Magnificent August 29, 1521.
- Markó, László: A magyar állam főméltóságai Szent Istvántól napjainkig – Életrajzi Lexikon pp. 440-441. (The High Officers of the Hungarian State from Saint Stephen to the Present Days – A Biographical Encyclopedia) (2nd edition); Helikon Kiadó Kft., 2006, Budapest; ISBN 963-547-085-1.
- Hungarian National Archives. Digital Photo-archive: 13614.1440-03-29
- Hungarian National Archives. Digital Photo-archive: 93110.1448-09-05
- Hungarian National Archives. Digital Photo-archive: 49439.1465-06-05
- Hungarian National Archives. Digital Photo-archive: 70418.1491-11-23
- Vasarnapi ujsag, Pest, 13 janvier 1861
|Ban of Croatia
alongside Emeric Derencsényi
|This Croatian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a member of the Hungarian nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|