John Bundy is an American magician and magic consultant based in South Plainfield, New Jersey. He is owner of John Bundy Productions, a company that produces shows for theme parks and corporate events and provides technical advice for television, movies and stage shows. As a performer, Bundy specialises in magic with a humorous edge and in shows with horror and Halloween themes. For some of his performances he assumes the alias of Wacky Dracky, a spoof vampire character.
Bundy began performing as a magician while studying theatre at Rider University in New Jersey. After graduating in 1975 he worked in a magic shop before setting up John Bundy Productions in 1982 to produce magic shows as marketing events for shopping centres. In 1994 he was joined by an assistant named Morgan who has become a long-term performing partner. The pair generally work under the billing of "John Bundy and Morgan". John Bundy Productions has also launched Morgan as a solo escapology act under the name "Morgan the Escapist".
John Bundy and Morgan were featured in Paramount Picture's 2010 release Morning Glory. Their television credits that include two appearances on the Late Show with David Letterman, Ricki Lake, the Gordon Elliot Show and The Fox Kids Network as well as several appearances in commercials. Bundy and his work have featured in various industry periodicals and he was the subject of a cover feature for the October 2005 issue of Magic magazine, which described him as "Halloween magic's greatest innovator".
- Howell, Dave. "Spotlight On John Bundy's Spooktacular High-tech Show Owes As Much To Broadway As To Magic", The Morning Call, May 3, 1997. Accessed October 7, 2015. "John Bundy and his assistant, Morgan, will present their 'Spooktacular' during the second half of the two-hour show. Bundy, who sawed Martin Short in half last month on Late Night with David Letterman, said in a telephone interview from his home in South Plainfield, N.J., that the show is the star of his high-tech production."
- "Late Show with David Letterman Episode Guide". TV.com. Retrieved 2007-08-15.[permanent dead link]
- "John Bundy Undead and Unstoppable". Magic. October 2005. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- "John Bundy: Magic in the malls and more", Magic Manuscript, November/ December 1988 (9-page cover story)
- "John Bundy: A World of Mall Magic", Laugh-Makers, October 1985. (4-page cover story)
- "John Bundy: The Classic Illusions volume three, "Paul Osborne", 2010.
- "John Bundy: Tricks'N'Treats", the book of Halloween magic, "John Bundy", 2016 1878 Press Co.
- John Bundy: "1000 faces of illusion", Vanish Magic Magazine, October 2017 (Cover story)