John Burnet (painter)
Son of the Surveyor-General of Excise of Scotland, Burnet was born either in Edinburgh in 1781 or in Fisherrow in 1784. He was apprenticed to the engraver Robert Scott and later trained at the Trustees Academy.
- 1817 line engraving of Thomas Bewick after James Ramsay
- 1820 line engraving of Thomas Moore after Sir Martin Archer Shee
- 1828 line engraving of Thomas Campbell after Sir Thomas Lawrence
- 1839 mixed-method engraving of the Duke of Wellington
- 1846 mixed-method engraving of Sir Edwin Landseer's painting 'The Challenge.'
Media related to John Burnet (painter) at Wikimedia Commons