John Carey, 3rd Baron Hunsdon
He was born the son of Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon and was the younger brother of George Carey, 2nd Baron Hunsdon and the grandson of Mary Boleyn. It is alleged that his father was the illegitimate son of Henry VIII of England born of Mary Boleyn when she was a royal mistress. He was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge. He was knighted in 1598 and succeeded his brother as third Baron Hunsdon in 1603.
He held a number of court and public offices including Gentleman pensioner from 1573-1603, Chamberlain of Berwick-upon-Tweed in 1585, Deputy Warden of East March, Justice of the Peace for Cambridgeshire in 1594, and Marshal of Berwick-upon-Tweed from 1596–1598 and again in 1603. He was elected MP for Buckingham in 1584, 1589 and 1593.
He married Mary, the daughter of Leonard Hyde of Hyde Hall and Throcking, Hertfordshire, widow of Richard Peyton of Little Chesterford, Essex. They had three sons and two daughters.
- Henry Carey (Dec 1577 - Dec 1577) 
- Henry Carey, 1st Earl of Dover
- Charles Carey, married Elizabeth Whitbroke
- Blanche Hunsdon (d. 6 Nov 1651), married 1) Christopher Peyton and 2) Sir Thomas Wodehouse 
- Anne Carey (bur. 6 Dec 1622), married Sir Francis Lovell of East Harlyng
- History of Parliament CAREY, John (b.1556 d.1617) of Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumb. and Hunsdon, Herts.
Children John Carey (b.1583 d.13 April 1666) Charles Carey (b.1592) Blanch Carey(b.1598 d.06 Nov 1651) Anne Carey (bur. 6 Dec 1622)