||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (September 2010)|
|John A. Caslione|
|Born||Buffalo, New York, US|
|Occupation||global business expert, investment advisor, consultant, professor, author, public speaker, entrepreneur|
Caslione is Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business (MSB) in Washington, DC, USA, where he lectures on global business strategies, global marketing and scenario planning in MSB’s Executive Master’s in Leadership and Executive MBA Advanced Degree Programs.
Caslione is Founder, President and CEO of GCS Business Capital, LLC, an Emerging Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions global business advisory firm with offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Founded in 2005, GCS is focused on providing advisory services to companies engaged in internationalizing their business with special expertise in high growth emerging markets, global marketing, sales and distribution alliances, cross-border mergers and acquisitions and international equity joint ventures and strategic partnership and alliances between companies from North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, China and other markets in Asia.
Caslione was Founder and President & CEO of Andrew-Ward International, Inc. (1991), an international management consultancy assisting firms in developing global business strategies, which was merged into GCS Business Capital, LLC in 2005.
From 2014 to 2015, John was a senior advisor to STS Capital Partners, Inc. where John founded its Washington, DC office. STS is an international M&A advisory firm (18 offices worldwide) focused on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, of mid-market private businesses with sales revenues between US$250 million and US$5 billion.
Caslione is personal and confidential advisor to senior executives on global business strategy, strategic and financial investment strategy, as well as negotiations strategy including serving as lead negotiator on critical transactions. His global business experience having personally executed on-the-ground business development strategies in more than 100 countries on six continents over the past 25 years, and continues to do so.
Caslione received his Bachelor of Science and MBA from the University of New York (Buffalo, NY, USA), and his Juris Doctor from the Chicago-Kent College of Law (Chicago, IL, USA). Caslione is member of the Illinois Bar, Massachusetts Bar and New Hampshire Bar, although he currently does not actively engage in the practice of law.
Caslione co-authored his most recent book with marketing though leader and guru Philip Kotler. Caslione's and Kotler's book is entitled Chaotics: The Business of Managing and Marketing in The Age of Turbulence (AMACOM Publishing; May 2009). Chaotics is distributed in more than 80 countries and published in over 40 languages. Chaotics" now serves as a highly acclaimed global platform for strategy development and execution for business enterprises to more effectively hedge risk, and confront and counter the effects of heightened uncertainty and turbulence in Decade 2010-2020, what the book's authors refer to as The Age of Turbulence.
Caslione's previous books include Growing Your Business in Emerging Markets: Promise and Perils (Dearborn Publishing, 2002), and Global Manifest Destiny: Growing Your Business in a Borderless Economy (Greenwood Publishing, 2000), Going Global: How to Globalize Your Business (Economy & Management Publishing House, 2005), and Developing Successful Global Sales and Distribution Channel Strategy (Economy & Management Publishing House, 2005).
In addition to serving as Adjunct Professor at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University in Washington, DC, Caslione is Visiting Professor at Macquarie Graduate School of Management in Sydney, Australia, and guest lecturer at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois (US).
- Chaotics: The Business of Managing and Marketing in The Age of Turbulence (AMACOM Publishing May 2009) ISBN 0-8144-1521-0
- Global Manifest Destiny: Growing Your Business in a Borderless Economy (Dearborn Publishing 2002) ISBN 978-0-7931-4502-7
- Growing Your Business in Emerging Markets: Promise and Perils (Greenwood Publishing 2000) ISBN 978-1-56720-339-4
- Caslione, John. 走向全球 : 如何在全球成功开展新业务 (Zou xiang quan qiu : ru he zai quan qiu cheng gong kai zhan xin ye wu) (Going Global: How to Globalize Your Business) Beijing : Jing ji guan li chu ban she (Economy & Management Publishing House), 2005.
- Caslione, John. 建立全球分销网络的成功之道 (Jian li quan qiu fen xiao wang luo de cheng gong zhi dao) (Developing Successful Global Sales and Distribution Channel Strategy) / Beijing: Jing ji guan li chu ban she (Economy & Management Publishing House), 2005.
These two practical how-to books focus upon critical issues for China's emerging global businesses seeking to develop successful business growth strategies to globalize their businesses.
- "American Chamber of Commerce Shanghai Insight magazine". amcham-shanghai.com.
- "GCS Business Capital - Team of Professionals". GCSBusinessCapital.com.
- "Chaotics: The Business of Managing and Marketing in The Age of Turbulence (AMACOM Publishing)". amanet.org.
- "John Caslione Personal Biography". Caslione.com.
- "DC Examiner Op Ed - John Caslione". DCExaminer.com.