John Cassidy (journalist)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Joseph Cassidy (born 1963) is an American journalist and British expatriate who is a staff writer at The New Yorker.  He is a contributor to The New York Review of Books, and previously, an editor at The Sunday Times of London and a deputy editor at the New York Post. He received his undergraduate degree from University College, Oxford, studied at Harvard University on a Harkness Fellowship, and received a master's degree in journalism from Columbia University and a master's in economics from New York University.
He is the author of Dot.con: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, which examines the dot-com bubble, and How Markets Fail: The Logic of Economic Calamities, which combines a skeptical history of economics with an analysis of the housing bubble and credit bust. He is also well known for his biographical and economic writing on the famous Cambridge economist John Maynard Keynes, whom he interprets in a largely positive light.
- Dot.con : the greatest story ever sold. HarperCollins. 2002.
- How markets fail : the logic of economic calamities. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. 2009.
Essays and reporting
- "The Fountainhead". Profiles. The New Yorker. April 24, 2000.
- "No Credit". Annals of Economics. The New Yorker. 86 (4): 26–30. March 15, 2010. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Smoke signals". The Talk of the Town. Comment. The New Yorker. 89 (6): 39–40. March 25, 2013. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Motown down". The Talk of the Town. Comment. The New Yorker. 89 (23): 19–20. August 5, 2013.
- "Forces of divergence : is surging inequality endemic to capitalism?". The Critics. Books. The New Yorker. 90 (6): 69–73. March 31, 2014.
- "A world of woes : a global take on a decade of financial crises". The Critics. Books. The New Yorker. 94 (28): 54–58. September 17, 2018.
- "The Good News About a Green New Deal". The New Yorker. March 4, 2019.
- "What if the Tsarnaevs had been the "Boston Shooters"?". The New Yorker. April 24, 2013. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "TRUMP'S INEVITABLE ACQUITTAL AND THE THREAT TO AMERICAN DEMOCRACY". The New Yorker.
- "Faculty Profile - John Cassidy". Practising Law Institute. Archived from the original on 2019-01-06. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Cassidy, John 1963". Encyclopedia.com.
- Alan Greenspan.
- Online version is titled "The real cost of the 2008 financial crisis".
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|