|John W. Chidsey|
John Walker Chidsey|
1962 (age 55–56)
|Residence||Coral Gables, Florida|
Emory University School of Law 1987|
Davidson College 1983
John W. Chidsey (born 1962) is an American businessman and attorney, formerly the Executive Chairman and CEO of the Burger King Corporation. He currently serves as a Director and Member of the Audit Committee for HealthSouth Corporation. He previously served as chairman and CEO for two corporate divisions of the Cendant Corporation from January 1996 to March 2003.
Chidsey holds a bachelor's degree from Davidson College in Davidson, North Carolina, an M.B.A. in Finance and Accounting from Emory University in Druid Hills, Georgia, and a Juris Doctorate from Emory University School of Law. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Davidson, Andrew (2009). 1000 CEOs. DK Publishing. p. 724. ISBN 9780756641702.
- Jaclyn Giovis (April 8, 2006). "Burger King Ceo Resigns". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
John Chidsey, 43, the company's president and chief financial officer, will immediately take over as Burger King's chief executive officer.
- Susan R. Miller (March 29, 2011). "Chidsey to leave Burger King in April". South Florida Business Journal. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Where do I find everything about HealthSouth Corp's John W Chidsey (NYSE:HLS)". Los Angeles Times.
- "COMPANY NEWS; Burger King Names New Finance Officer". The New York Times. February 26, 2004. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
The Burger King Corporation yesterday named John W. Chidsey, a former Cendant Corporation executive, as its chief financial and administrative officer.
- "COMPANY NEWS; CHIEF RESIGNS AT CENDANT DIVISION THAT INCLUDES AVIS". The New York Times. February 25, 2003. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Troubled Cendant Unit Gets New Managers". Bloomberg News via Los Angeles Times. November 3, 1998. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "Burger King Names John Chidsey CEO". Qsrmagazine. 7 April 2006. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "John Chidsey". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- Joe Marusak (April 8, 2014). "Couple donate $10 million to Davidson College". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
- "John W. Chidsey J.D.: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg.
- Bill Giduz (October 11, 2013). "Davidson College Board of Trustees Elects New Chair". Davidson.edu. Retrieved May 25, 2015.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|