John Christian Bailar
He is the son of John C. Bailar, Jr., a chemistry professor. He graduated from the University of Colorado with a B.A. in 1953, from Yale University with an M.D. in 1955, and from American University with a Ph.D. in statistics in 1973.
He was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute and has been on the Editorial Board of Cancer Research.
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association
- elected member of the International Statistical Institute
- Fellow of the American College of Epidemiology
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- elected member of the Collegium Ramazzini
- 1990 MacArthur Fellow.
- Medical uses of statistics, Editors John Christian Bailar, Frederick Mosteller, CRC Press, 1992, ISBN 978-0-910133-36-4
- Assessment of the NIOSH head-and-face anthropometric survey of U.S. respirator users, Editors John Christian Bailar, Emily Ann Meyer, Robert Pool, National Academies Press, 2007, ISBN 978-0-309-10398-5