John Clare Cottage
|John Clare Cottage|
John Clare cottage in 2018
|Town or city||Helpston|
|Named for||John Clare|
|Owner||John Clare Trust|
The cottage was bought by the John Clare Trust in 2005. In May 2007, the Trust gained £1.27 million of funding from the Heritage Lottery Fundand commissioned Jefferson Sheard Architects to create a new landscape design and Visitor Centre, including a cafe, shop and exhibition space. The Cottage has been restored using traditional building methods and is open to the public.
The garden behind the cottage is maintained by volunteers, and planted with varieties which would have been seen in Clare's time.
- Historic England. "Details from listed building database (1331603)". National Heritage List for England.
- www.philbegnett.com (30 March 2008). "Renovation of John Clare Cottage". Youtube. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Home". Clare cottage. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Caines, Matthew (7 May 2013). "Arts head: Sara Blair-Manning, the John Clare Trust and Cottage". the Guardian. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Buildings given £1m lottery funding". BBC News. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Stephen Briggs, "Peterborough heritage sites gets big lottery boost", Peterborough Telegraph, 13 June 2013.
- "Our Museums". Fens Museums Partnership. Archived from the original on 27 February 2016. Retrieved 22 July 2018.