John Crumpton Hardy
John Crumpton Hardy was born in Newton, Mississippi on December 24, 1864 to John D. and Martha Hardy. He attended Mississippi College where he earned a BA and an MA and Earned a Law degree at Millsaps College.
Before becoming president of Mississippi A&M College Hardy served as superintendent of the Jackson, Mississippi, schools for nine years. In 1912 he became president of Baylor Female College (now the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor) in Belton, Texas.
- Kappa Alpha Order (1900). The Kappa Alpha Journal. Kappa Alpha Order.
- Kappa Alpha Order (1900). The Kappa Alpha Journal. Kappa Alpha Order. pp. 467–.
- Rowland, Dunbar (1907-01-01). Mississippi: Contemporary biography. Reprint Company. ISBN 9780871522221.
- Ballard, Michael B. (2008-01-01). Maroon and White: Mississippi State University, 1878-2003. Univ. Press of Mississippi. ISBN 9781604733105.
- B., WILDER, JOHN. "HARDY, JOHN CRUMPTON". www.tshaonline.org. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
John M. Stone
|President of Mississippi State University
George Robert Hightower
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|