John Davis (academic)
9 September 1938 |
|Alma mater||London School of Economics|
John Horsley Russell Davis FBA  (born London, England, 9 September 1938; died 15 January 2017) was a British anthropologist, ex-Warden of All Souls College, Oxford, and Professor of Social Anthropology in the University of Oxford.
He was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1988.
He was Chairman of the European Association of Social Anthropologists 1993/94 and President of the Royal Anthropological Institute from 1997 until 2001.
- (1973) Land and family in Pisticci
- (1987) Libyan politics: tribe and revolution
- (1992) Exchange
- "Warden". All Souls College, Oxford. Archived from the original on 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "John Davis (1938-2017)". University of Oxford, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology. 2017-01-16. Archived from the original on 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The Warden- Activities". All Souls Oxford. Archived from the original on 2008-08-03. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "British Academy Fellows Archive". British Academy Fellows. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Nominations received". Oxford University Gazette. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- All Souls College, Oxford all-souls.ox.ac.uk
- British Academy britac.ac.uk
- John Davis at "Pioneers of Qualitative Research" from the Economic and social Data Service