|Preceded by||William M. Wylie|
|Succeeded by||Cap Dierks|
July 6, 1941 |
Born in Neligh, Nebraska, DeCamp joined the United States Army during the Vietnam War. In 1975 he initiated Operation Baby Lift, which evacuated 2,800 orphaned Vietnamese children. He was later assigned to serve as an aide to former CIA director William Colby, who was Deputy Ambassador to Vietnam at the time. Beginning his campaign for election while still stationed in Vietnam, DeCamp was elected and served four terms as a Nebraska state senator, from 1971 to 1987.
After the legislature
In the May 2006 election, he lost in his attempt to return to the Nebraska state Legislature.
In 2012, he talked with the Ellis County Observer about how he linked Sandusky and Penn State child sex abuse scandal years prior. In 2004, the links were previously disclosed in the transcripts from an interview on The Alex Jones Show.
DeCamp was also the lead perspective on Conspiracy of Silence, an unaired Discovery Channel documentary about the alleged "Franklin cover-up" that documents a U.S. child sex abuse and pedophilia ring whose involvement leads to the highest levels of government. This was confirmed by The Washington Times, “Mr. Spence arranged at least four midnight tours of the White House, including one June 29, 1989, on which he took with him a 15-year-old boy whom he falsely identified as his son.”  The boy Mr. Spence claimed to be his son, was later identified as foster child prostitute, Paul Bonacci. On February 27, 1999, the U.S. District Court of the District of Nebraska awarded Bonacci $1 million in compensatory damages and punitive damages, related to the Franklin Cover-Up. Omaha’s Franklin Community Federal Credit Union handler, Lawrence E. King Jr., was held responsible for the damages done to Bonacci, due to King's failure to respond to the lawsuit from jail. Decamp was Bonacci’s defense attorney for these related scandals.
- The Franklin Cover-up: Child Abuse, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska. 2nd ed. Lincoln: 2006.
- "Nebraska Blue Book 1968–69", p. 258. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "American Experience: Daughter From Danang: People & Events: Operation Babylift (1975)". PBS.
- "Groups see themselves as Constitution protectors". Luddington Daily News. 26 May 1995. p. 1.
- "'The Franklin Cover-Up' author talks about how he linked Sandusky and Penn State abuse scandal years ago". The Ellis County Observer. July 15, 2012.
- "Alex Jones Interviews John DeCamp, Author of "The Franklin Cover-up."". The Alex Jones Show. July 21, 2004.
- "Conspiracy of Silence". Discovery Channel. 3 May 1994.
- "A Lurid, Mysterious Scandal Begins Taking Shape in Omaha". New York Times. 18 December 1988.
- "Homosexual Prostitution Ring Ensnares VIPS with Reagan, Bush : ‘Call boys’ took midnight tour of White House". The Washington Times. 29 June 1989.
- Judge Warren Urbom (February 27, 1999). "In the United States District Court For the District of Nebraska Paul A. Bonacci, Plaintiff 4:CV91-3037 vs Lawrence E. King, Defendant". Memorandum of DecisionFiled February 22, 1999. U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- "Stunning breakthrough reached in Nebraska satanic pedophile case" (PDF). Executive Intelligence Review Volume 26, Number 12. March 19, 1999.