John Dodson (fighter)
|Born||John Thomas Dodson III|
September 26, 1984
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
|Other names||The Magician|
|Residence||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||66 in (168 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Rank||Black belt in Gaidojutsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
John Thomas Dodson III (born September 26, 1984) is an American mixed martial artist. A professional mixed martial arts competitor since 2004, Dodson has made a name for himself fighting mainly in the Southwest region. He was the winner of the Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller and competed in Ultimate Fighting Championship where he was a two-time title challenger, competing most recently in the bantamweight division, and is a veteran of the promotion with 9 years of competition.
Dodson was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He grew up in Albuquerque and later moved to Edgewood, New Mexico, with his family. He attended Moriarty High School in Moriarty, New Mexico. Dodson is half African-American, half Filipino. While attending Moriarty, Dodson competed in track, football and wrestling. In wrestling, Dodson was a two-time state champion, one time state runner-up and four time district champion. Dodson graduated from high school in 2003, and then enrolled at the University of New Mexico while working at a local Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant.
Mixed martial arts career
Dodson began training MMA in 2002 after Chris Luttrell, and Greg Jackson recruited him for his extensive wrestling background. After the first day of training he "fell in love with the sport" and continued to train daily with Jackson.
Dodson competed in a Grappler's Quest and won in the beginner level. Four months later he did another submission tournament, winning that at the intermediate level. Six months later Dodson competed in his first amateur fight. He competed in one other amateur bout before turning pro. Dodson was offered to make his debut in Japan against the number one ranked flyweight in the world, Yasuhiro Urushitani. Dodson lost the fight via decision.
With the lack of fights materializing at flyweight, Dodson began taking fights at featherweight and bantamweight as well. He obtained a 3–2 record before taking a fight against future WEC fighter, Clint Godfrey, winning the fight via decision. With the win over Godfrey, Dodson was selected to be a part of the second season of the Tapout Reality show.
Despite having a 1–1 record under the Ultimate Warrior Challenge promotion, he was awarded shot at the vacant UWC flyweight title at UWC 7. Dodson was defeated by Pat Runez in a highly controversial five-round decision. At UWC 8, Dodson defeated previously unbeaten Jesse Riggleman via unanimous decision.
Dodson was expected to fight at Tachi Palace Fights 9 against Alexis Vila. However, Vila suffered an injury and was forced to pull out of the bout. Vila was replaced by former Shooto champion Mamoru Yamaguchi. Dodson then pulled out of the fight for unknown reasons, and was replaced by Kevin Dunsmoor.
The Ultimate Fighter
In 2011, Dodson had signed with the UFC to compete on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller. In the first episode, Dodson fought Brandon Merkt to gain entry into the Ultimate Fighter house. Dodson defeated Merkt in the first round via TKO.
Dodson was selected as a part of Team Mayhem, he was the first bantamweight chosen for the team (fourth overall). Dodson defeated John Albert via unanimous decision in the preliminary round and moved onto the semi-finals.
In the semi-finals Dodson was selected to fight Team Mayhem teammate, Johnny Bedford. After a close first round, Dodson won the fight via KO in the first minute of the second round. The win moved Dodson into the finals. The impressive finish also won Dodson an additional $25,000 for the fan voted "Knockout of the Season".
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Dodson made his UFC debut on December 3, 2011, at The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale against T.J. Dillashaw to determine the bantamweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter 14. Dodson won the fight via TKO in the first round to become the first Bantamweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter competition. He received an additional $40,000 for winning Knockout of the Night honors.
For his next fight, Dodson moved back down to the flyweight division and was expected to face Darren Uyenoyama on May 5, 2012, at UFC on Fox 3. However, Uyenoyama was forced out of the bout, and was replaced by promotional newcomer Tim Elliott. Dodson defeated Elliott by unanimous decision, generating crowd booing.
First title shot
Dodson faced UFC Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson on January 26, 2013, at UFC on Fox 6, becoming the first Ultimate Fighter alumnus to fight for a title post-season 5. Despite knocking Johnson down twice in the second round, Dodson lost the fight via unanimous decision in a bout that earned both participants Fight of the Night honors.
Dodson faced promotional newcomer Darrell Montague on October 19, 2013, at UFC 166. He won via knockout at 4:13 of the first round. The win also earned him his second Knockout of the Night award.
Dodson was expected to face Scott Jorgensen on December 14, 2013, at UFC on Fox 9, replacing Ian McCall. However, Dodson himself was forced from the bout after sustaining a knee injury. Jorgensen instead faced promotional newcomer Zach Makovsky.
A rematch with John Moraga took place on June 7, 2014, at UFC Fight Night 42. Dodson won the fight via TKO due to a doctor stoppage between rounds two and three after a knee he threw late in the second round.
Second title shot
Return to Bantamweight
Dodson faced John Lineker on October 1, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 96. The bout took place at a catchweight of 136.5 lbs as Lineker missed weight. He lost the back and forth fight via split decision.
Dodson was expected to face Pedro Munhoz at UFC Fight Night 125 on February 3, 2018. However, Munhoz missed weight by four pounds over the bantamweight non-title fight upper limit of 136 pounds, negotiations fell through, and the fight was cancelled. The fight was rescheduled to UFC 222 on March 3, 2018. Dodson won the bout via split decision.
Dodson's contract with UFC expired after the fight with Munhoz and after listening to offers from various companies, he re-signed a new four-fight with UFC.
On June 16, 2020, news surfaced that with one fight left on his prevailing contract, Dodson re-signed a five-fight deal with the UFC.
On September 18, 2020, it was announced that Dodson was released by UFC.
Dodson was scheduled to fight his first bout after release on July 30, 2021, at XMMA 2 against Cody Gibson. However, Dodson got into a potentially life-threatening car accident with his family and withdrew from the bout. Gibson knocked out replacement Louis Sanoudakis in 44 seconds. Dodson's bout with Gibson was rescheduled for XMMA 3 on October 23. Gibson won the fight by unanimous decision.
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship
Championships and accomplishments
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|35 matches||22 wins||13 losses|
|Win||22–13||Francisco Rivera||Decision (unanimous)||XMMA 4: Black Magic||April 2, 2022||3||5:00||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||21–13||Cody Gibson||Decision (unanimous)||XMMA 3: Vice City||October 23, 2021||3||5:00||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Loss||21–12||Merab Dvalishvili||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 252||August 15, 2020||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||21–11||Nathaniel Wood||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Błachowicz 2||February 15, 2020||3||0:16||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||20–11||Petr Yan||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Santos||February 23, 2019||3||5:00||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Loss||20–10||Jimmie Rivera||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 228||September 8, 2018||3||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||20–9||Pedro Munhoz||Decision (split)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||19–9||Marlon Moraes||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Pettis||November 11, 2017||3||5:00||Norfolk, Virginia, United States|
|Win||19–8||Eddie Wineland||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov||April 22, 2017||3||5:00||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Loss||18–8||John Lineker||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson||October 1, 2016||5||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States||Catchweight (136.5 lb) bout; Lineker missed weight.|
|Win||18–7||Manvel Gamburyan||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Teixeira vs. Evans||April 16, 2016||1||0:37||Tampa, Florida, United States||Return to Bantamweight.|
|Loss||17–7||Demetrious Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 191||September 5, 2015||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||For the UFC Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||17–6||Zach Makovsky||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 187||May 23, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–6||John Moraga||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov||June 7, 2014||2||5:00||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||15–6||Darrell Montague||KO (punch)||UFC 166||October 19, 2013||1||4:13||Houston, Texas, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Loss||14–6||Demetrious Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson||January 26, 2013||5||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States||For the UFC Flyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||14–5||Jussier Formiga||TKO (punches)||UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot||October 5, 2012||2||4:35||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States||UFC Flyweight title eliminator.|
|Win||13–5||Tim Elliott||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller||May 5, 2012||3||5:00||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States||Return to Flyweight.|
|Win||12–5||T.J. Dillashaw||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller Finale||December 3, 2011||1||1:54||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Won The Ultimate Fighter 14 Bantamweight tournament. Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||11–5||John Moraga||Decision (unanimous)||Nemesis Fighting: MMA Global Invasion||December 11, 2010||3||5:00||Punta Cana, Dominican Republic|
|Win||10–5||Jessie Riggleman||Decision (unanimous)||Ultimate Warrior Challenge 8||May 22, 2010||3||5:00||Fairfax, Virginia, United States|
|Loss||9–5||Pat Runez||Decision (split)||Ultimate Warrior Challenge 7||October 3, 2009||5||5:00||Fairfax, Virginia, United States||For the UWC Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||9–4||Jose Lujan||TKO (punches)||Duke City MMA Series 2||July 25, 2009||1||0:52||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||8–4||Jose Villarisco||Decision (unanimous)||Ultimate Warrior Challenge 5||February 21, 2009||3||5:00||Fairfax, Virginia, United States||Flyweight bout.|
|Loss||7–4||Mike Easton||Decision (split)||Ultimate Warrior Challenge 4||October 11, 2008||3||5:00||Fairfax, Virginia, United States|
|Win||7–3||Vern Baca||TKO (punches)||Battlequest 8||April 11, 2008||1||3:42||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||6–3||Zac White||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Last Man Standing 2||December 15, 2007||1||3:42||Roswell, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||5–3||Bill Boland||Decision (unanimous)||Ultimate Cage Wars 7||April 7, 2007||3||5:00||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Win||5–2||Jake Long||TKO (slam and punches)||Last Man Standing 1||March 17, 2007||1||N/A||Roswell, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||4–2||Clint Godfrey||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Fire 27||December 9, 2006||3||5:00||Castle Rock, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||3–2||Joe Doherty||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Fire 25||July 29, 2006||3||5:00||Vail, Colorado, United States||Won the Ring of Fire Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||3–1||Jared Moreland||TKO (punches)||Rumble in the Rockies 2||February 18, 2006||1||2:55||Loveland, Colorado, United States|
|Win||2–1||Johnny Velasquez||Decision (split)||KOTC: Socorro||July 23, 2005||2||5:00||Socorro, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Yasuhiro Urushitani||Decision (unanimous)||Demolition 041114||November 14, 2004||2||5:00||Tokyo, Japan||Flyweight bout.|
|Win||1–0||Zac White||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Desert Extreme||September 3, 2004||1||3:23||Socorro, New Mexico, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|3 matches||3 wins||0 losses|
|Win||3–0||Johnny Bedford||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller||November 30, 2011 (airdate)||2||1:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Semi-finals.|
|Win||2–0||John Albert||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller||October 26, 2011 (airdate)||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Quarter-finals.|
|Win||1–0||Brandon Merkt||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller||September 21, 2011 (airdate)||1||1:37||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Preliminary bout.|
- Mixed martial arts show results Date: August 15, 2020
- "Fight Card - UFC 187 Johnson vs. Cormier". UFC.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Henderson vs. Khabilov". UFC.com. Archived from the original on May 29, 2014. Retrieved June 8, 2014.
- "John Dodson Bio". Archived from the original on 2011-10-28.
- Segura, Melissa (22 January 2013). "John Dodson overcame just about all of it so he could fight". Sports Illustrated. Time Inc. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- John Fullilove. "John "The Magician" Dodson". Archived from the original on 2012-04-23.
- "John Dodson – Myspace".
- "Sherdog Fightfinder".
- "TapOut Features Greg Jackson fighters John Dodson and Julie Kedzie".
- Thomas, Luke (18 May 2010). "UWC Releases Pat Runez vs. John Dodson Video in Anticipation of Dodson vs. Riggleman". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 20 February 2022.
- MMAWeekly.Com Staff (22 May 2010). "John Dodson Wins In New UWC 8 Main Event". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 20 February 2022.
- John Morgan. "Gerald Harris, John Dodson among targeted Tachi Palace Fights 9 additions". Archived from the original on 2011-09-30.
- John Morgan. "Vila out at May's Tachi Palace Fights 9 event, Dodson now faces Shooto star Yamaguchi".
- Chris Nelson. "Dodson Out, Dunsmoor In Against Mamoru at Tachi Palace Fights 9".
- Helwani, Ariel (3 December 2011). "Johnny Bedford Doesn't Feel He'll Ever Get Over Loss to John Dodson". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 20 February 2022.
- "The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale bonuses: Dodson, Brandao, Bermudez get $40K". MMAjunkie.com. 2011-12-03. Archived from the original on 2013-10-05. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Third Fox Event to Feature Lightweight War". 14 September 2018.
- "Tim Elliott replaces Darren Uyenoyama, meets John Dodson at UFC on FOX 3". mmajunkie.com. April 17, 2012. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "UFC on FOX 3 results: John Dodson bests Tim Elliott in wild flyweight tilt". mmajunkie.com. 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "John Dodson vs Jussier Da Dilva possible for UFC on FX 5". mmamania.com. July 30, 2012. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "UFC on FX 5 results: John Dodson claims title shot with TKO of Jussier Formiga". mmajunkie.com. 2012-10-05. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson to headline UFC on FOX 6". bloodyelbow.com. November 6, 2012. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Brian Knapp (2013-01-26). "Demetrious Johnson outduels John Dodson, keeps flyweight title at UFC on Fox 6". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- Mike Whitman (2013-01-26). "UFC on Fox 6 Bonuses: Demetrious Johnson, John Dodson, Anthony Pettis, Ryan Bader Net $50,000". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "John Dodson meets UFC newcomer Darrell Montague at UFC 166 in Houston". mmajunkie.com. August 10, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "UFC 166 Results: John Dodson Sends Darrell Montague Crashing to the Canvas". MMAweekly.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "UFC 166 bonuses: Melendez, Sanchez, Dodson and Ferguson win $60,000". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-20. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Jason Floyd (2013-10-29). "With Ian McCall injured, Scott Jorgensen now meets John Dodson at UFC on FOX 9". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- Chris Hall (2013-12-03). "John Dodson out of UFC on Fox 9 fight against Scott Jorgensen due to knee injury". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Ken Pishna (2013-12-04). "RFA Flyweight Champion Zach Makovsky Tapped to Face Scott Jorgensen at UFC on Fox 9". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- Jesse Holland (2014-03-26). "John Dodson vs John Moraga on tap for UFC Fight Night event on June 7 in Albuquerque". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Steven Marrocco (2014-06-07). "UFC Fight Night 42 results, photos: John Dodson (and doc) stop John Moraga". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Flyweights John Dodson and Zach Makovsky slated for UFC 187 in Vegas". mmajunkie.com. February 22, 2015. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Dave Doyle (2015-05-23). "John Dodson takes unanimous decision over Zach Makovsky". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- Mookie Alexander (2015-07-15). "Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson rematch headlines UFC 191". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-09-06). "UFC 191 results: Demetrious Johnson near perfect in second title win over John Dodson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- Grant Gordon (2016-02-23). "Gamburyan welcomes Dodson back to 135 at UFC on FOX 19". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-04-16). "UFC on FOX 19 results: John Dodson blows through Manny Gamburyan in 47 seconds". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Dan Hiergesell (2016-08-13). "John Dodson vs. John Lineker set in stone for UFC Fight Night 96 main event in Portland". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- Matt Erickson (2016-10-02). "UFC Fight Night 96 results: John Lineker tops John Dodson by split in 'Fight of the Year' contender". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "John Dodson meets Eddie Wineland at UFC Fight Night 108 in Nashville". mmajunkie.com. 2017-02-28. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Damon Martin (2017-04-22). "John Dodson too fast for Eddie Wineland, earns unanimous decision win in Nashville". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- Alexander K. Lee (2017-08-31). "John Dodson to fight Marlon Moraes at UFC Norfolk". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "UFC Fight Night 120 results: Marlon Moraes gets nod in bizarrely scored split over John Dodson". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-12. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- Jay Anderson (2017-01-04). "John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz Official for UFC Belem". cagesidepress.com. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz off of UFC Belem". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "Bantamweight bout rescheduled for UFC 222 in Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "UFC 222 results: John Dodson a step too fast, takes split from Pedro Munhoz". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Ariel Helwani (May 16, 2018). "John Dodson re-signs with UFC". mmafighting.com.
- "Jimmie Rivera vs John Dodson Set For UFC 228".
- "UFC 228 results: Jimmie Rivera takes tedious decision over John Dodson". MMAjunkie. 2018-09-09. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- Dorff, Marcel (2019-01-10). "Bantamweight fight between John Dodson & Petr Yan added to UFC Prague". mmadna.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- "UFC Prague results: Petr Yan pressures his way past John Dodson". MMAjunkie. 2019-02-23. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- Critchfield, Tristen (2019-12-19). "John Dodson vs. Nathaniel Wood booked for UFC Rio Rancho on Feb. 15". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- Anderson, Jay (2020-02-15). "UFC Rio Rancho Results: John Dodson Stuns Nathaniel Wood With Third-Round TKO". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-02-17.
- Damon Martin (June 16, 2020). "Veteran bantamweight John Dodson inks new five-fight deal with UFC". mmafighting.com.
- "John Dodson vs. Merab Dvalishvili added to UFC 252 lineup". MMA Junkie. 2020-07-15. Retrieved 2020-07-16.
- Vreeland, Daniel (2020-08-15). "UFC 252 Results: Merab Dvalishvili Blankets John Dodson to Decision". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- Martin, Damon (2020-09-18). "Two-time title contender, TUF 14 champion John Dodson released from the UFC". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2020-09-19.
- "Former UFC flyweight title challenger John Dodson set for July MMA return". MMA Junkie. 2021-06-07. Retrieved 2021-06-08.
- Tristen Critchfield (July 3, 2021). "UFC Veteran John Dodson Involved in Serious Car Accident, Out of July 30 XMMA 2 Bout". Sherdog.
- "XMMA 2: Saunders vs. Nijem | MMA Event".
- "XMMA 3 to feature ex-UFC notables, including John Dodson, Nate Marquardt, more". 25 September 2021.
- "XMMA 3 Results - Dodson vs Gibson". MMA Sucka. 2021-10-23. Retrieved 2021-10-26.
- "14 former UFC fighters booked for XMMA 4 card in New Orleans". MMA Junkie. 2022-03-11. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- "XMMA 4 video results, full replay: John Dodson tops Francisco Rivera; Jared Gooden and Kyle Stewart thrive". MMA Junkie. 2022-04-03. Retrieved 2022-04-03.
- "John Dodson".
- Mike Bohn (September 1, 2015). "John Dodson's girlfriend gives birth to child just days ahead of UFC 191 title fight". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2021-06-30.
- John Dodson III [@JohnDodsonMMA] (29 May 2019). "Baby Aurora Rose was born yesterday. Another one added to the Dodson Clan" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Ex-UFC title challenger John Dodson signs with Bare Knuckle FC". MMA Junkie. 2022-06-03. Retrieved 2022-06-03.
- Staff (2013-01-26). "UFC on FOX 6 Bonuses: Johnson, Dodson, Pettis and Bader earn $50K awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale bonuses: Dodson, Brandao, Bermudez get $40K". MMAjunkie.com. 2011-12-03. Retrieved 2021-06-30.
- "UFC 166 bonuses: Melendez, Sanchez, Dodson and Ferguson win $60,000". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-10-20. Retrieved 2021-06-30.
- Sherdog.com. "John". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-09-14.