John Domingue (born ca 1961) is a British academic, Professor at and Director of the Knowledge Media Institute at the Open University in Milton Keynes., and researcher in the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Services, Blockchain and Education.
Life and work
Domingue started his academic career late 1980s as researcher at the Human Cognition Research Laboratory of the Open University. In 2008 he was appointed Professor at the Open University in Milton Keynes.
Domingue was the Scientific Director of SOA4All and has worked in dozens of other research projects. He is chair of the Steering Committee for the European Semantic Web Conference Series and member of the Future Internet Symposium Series steering committee. He coordinates the Future Internet Service Offer Working Group within the Future Internet Assembly, and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Web Semantics. He is the current president of the Semantic Technology Institute International (STI2), following Dieter Fensel and Director of the Knowledge Media Institute at the Open University.
- Fensel, D., Lausen, H., Polleres, A., de Bruijn, J., Stollberg, M., Roman, D., Domingue, J., Enabling Semantic Web Services: The Web Service Modeling Ontology, Springer, 2006
- Hasemer, T. and Domingue, J., Common Lisp Programming for Artificial Intelligence, Addison Wesley, 1989
- Stasko, J., Domingue, J., Brown, M., and Price, B. (Eds.), Software Visualisation: Programming as a Multimedia Experience, MIT Press, 1988
- John Domingue at the KMI
- List of projects of John Domingue
- Steering committee of the ESWC conference series Archived 2011-11-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- Steering committee of the Future Internet Symposium Archived 2012-04-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Future Internet Assembly
- Executive board of the Semantic Technology Institute International
- List of publications of John Domingue at KMI Archived 2012-04-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- John Domingue at DBLP Bibliography Server