John Drennan (real name Sean Armstrong) is an Irish political journalist and writer. He is a columnist for the Sunday Independent, an occasional TV panelist and a frequent contributor to radio shows. From County Laois he was educated at St. Patrick's College, Maynooth where he studied for an arts degree and worked as a part-time postman to fund his shooting and fishing hobbies. A gun enthusiast and writer of dole diaries, he doesn't hide his Fine Gael background and leanings, and the Leeksman often refers to himself warmly as an Old Blueshirt.
In 2015 Drennan announced that he was leaving his role with the Sunday Independent and had joined Renua Ireland — a new political party founded by Lucinda Creighton TD — to work as their Communications Director. After the party's underwhelming performance during the 2016 general elections, Drennan resigned and returned to his work as a journalist.
- Cute Hoors and Pious Protesters by John Drennan, Gill and Macmillan Ltd., 2011.
- Standing by the Republic: 50 Dail Debates That Shaped the Republic by John Drennan, Gill and Macmillan Ltd., 2012 
- John Drennan Columnists, Sunday Independent
- Debates feature in Laois author’s book, Leinster Express, Thursday 8 November 2012.
- Sunday Independents John Drennan Eolas Magazine, May 28, 2012.
- John Drennan Renua The Journal, May 2015.
-  The Journal, March 29, 2016.
- Review of Cute Hoors and Pious Protesters Irish Independent, 20 February 2011.
- Those who stood by the Republic Irish Independent, 14 October 2012.