John Drummond, 2nd Earl of Perth
John Drummond, 2nd Earl of Perth (1588 – 11 June 1662) was a Scottish nobleman.
Family and titles
Drummond was the son of Patrick Drummond, 3rd Lord Drummond and Lady Elizabeth Lindsay. He married Jean Kerr, daughter of Sir Robert Kerr, 1st Earl of Roxburghe and Mary Maitland, on 28 August 1613. He succeeded to his father's title of 4th Lord Drummond in 1602 and then on 8 December 1611 (by special remainder) to the title of Earl of Perth created for his brother James Drummond (1586–1611).
The second Lord Perth's children were -
- Henry Drummond, born 1 August 1614, died September 1622
- James Drummond, 3rd Earl of Perth, born 1615, died 2 June 1675
- Robert Drummond, born 1618
- Sir John Drummond, born 1620, died June 1678
- Lady Lilias Drummond, born circa 1621, died before 12 January 1663/1643
- Sir William Drummond, later Sir William Ker, 2nd Earl of Roxburghe, born 1623, died 2 July 1675
- Lady Jean Drummond, born 1623/24, died 12 January 1663
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Perth
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|