John Dunn (university president)
|John M. Dunn|
|8th President of
Western Michigan University
2007 – present
|Preceded by||Diether Haenicke|
October 3, 1945 |
|Children||Matthew, Michael, Kerry|
|Alma mater||Northern Illinois University, Brigham Young University|
|Website||Office of the President|
John M. Dunn (born October 3, 1945) is the eighth president of Western Michigan University. Dunn earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Northern Illinois University, and he earned an Ed.D. in physical education from Brigham Young University.
He began his career in higher education at the University of Connecticut in 1972. He moved to Oregon State University in 1975 and spent the next 20 years there, starting out as an assistant professor of health. He was a professor and associate provost at the time he left in 1995. During his time in Oregon, Dunn also served on the Covallis School Board for 13 years.
Dunn served as the dean of the College of Health at the University of Utah from 1995 to 2002. He next served as provost and vice chancellor and then interim chancellor at Southern Illinois University.
Dunn began his term as president of Western Michigan University on July 1, 2007. Each year he donates his salary increase over his initial $345,000 salary in 2007 to scholarships for WMU students.
- WMU board approves 2 percent salary increase
- Date information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF) .
- John M. Dunn (University of Utah) - Curriculum vitae (CV)
- SIU News Release
- John M. Dunn will serve as SIUC's next provost
- WMU News - John M. Dunn named eighth president of WMU
- https://wmich.edu/news/2014/03/14474 Dunn receives salary increase, donates raise back for student aid.
|This biography of an American academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|