John Ehret High School
John Ehret High School is a four-year public high school serving grades 9-12 located in unincorporated Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States, near Marrero. The school serves several communities. Its service area includes portions of Marrero, Harvey, Westwego, Estelle, and Woodmere. The school's mascot is the Patriot, and its colors are red, white, and blue. It is part of the Jefferson Parish Public Schools. As of 2002, John Ehret is the largest public high school in the state of Louisiana. It had 2,700 students. During Hurricane Katrina, the school suffered wind damage to many of its buildings.
- 4-H club
- Academic Games
- African-American Studies
- AFJROTC (Defunct)
- Alice Paul Society
- Alpha & Omega club
- Beta club
- Broadcast Team
- Chess club
- Robotics club
- Executive Suite
- French Honor Society
- Gardening club
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Key club
- Library club
- Mock Trial Team
- Medical Academy
- music club
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- Newspaper club
- Peer Mediation
- Philosophy Society
- Quiz Bowl
- Sign Language
- Student Council
- Basketball - The boys' basketball team won the Class 5A state championship for the 1992–93 and 2005–06 school years. The team was the subject of an article in the April 2006 issue of Sports Illustrated, and ESPN featured the team's success on SportsCenter. The team was honored with an Award at the 2006 ESPYS. The team was also the subject of the 2010 film Hurricane Season.
- Women's basketball
- Cross Country
- Dance Team
- Flag team
- Pep squad
- Track & field
- Girod Jackson, III - Former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives for Jefferson Parish; general contractor in Harvey
- Drake Nevis - Defensive tackle with the Indianapolis Colts
- Frank Ocean - Singer-songwriter
- Elfrid Payton - NBA basketball player
- Kordell Stewart - Former NFL quarterback with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens
- Reggie Wayne - NFL wide receiver with the Indianapolis Colts
- Rio Wells - Former defensive back with the Fresno State Bulldogs and Edmonton Eskimos.
- Kimberly Willis Holt - Author
- "Marrero CDP, Louisiana." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 23, 2009.
- "High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Marrero CDP, LA" (Archive) U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 19, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Estelle CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Woodmere CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- Kamerick, Megan. "Seven area schools create academies for Freshmen." New Orleans CityBusiness. Monday April 1, 2002. Retrieved on March 17, 2013. Available on LexisNexis. "At John Ehret, the biggest high school in Louisiana with 2,700 students, the school has experienced fewer discipline problems this year, says Donna Donahoe, site coordinator for the grant."
- "School Policies." John Ehret High School.