John Everard (diplomat)
John Everard (born 24 November 1956) is a former British diplomat. He was formerly the British Ambassador to Belarus, British Ambassador to Uruguay, and British Ambassador to North Korea, 2006–2008, after which he was the holder of the Pantech fellowship at the Shorenstein Asia–Pacific Research Center at Stanford University in 2010–11.
He was appointed the Coordinator of the United Nations Panel of Experts on sanctions against North Korea established by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1874 in March 2011 and withdrew from that position in November 2012.
- Only Beautiful, Please: A British Diplomat in North Korea, Asia–Pacific Research Center, 18 June 2012. ISBN 1931368252
- EVERARD, John Vivian, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2013 (Subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "Stanford University biography".
- "Letter of appointment from Ban Ki-moon".
- "Successor's letter of appointment from Ban Ki-moon". Archived from the original on 21 November 2013.
|This British diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Korea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|