John F. Cotton Corporate Wellness Center
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
|John F. Cotton Corporate Wellness Center|
|Location||Pasig City, , Philippines|
|Hospital type||Corporate Wellness Center, Tertiary|
|Standards||Philippine Department of Health|
|Founded||1964, became a corporate wellness center in 2004|
|Lists||Hospitals in Philippines|
The John F. Cotton Corporate Wellness Center or John F. Cotton Hospital Center for Corporation Wellness, formerly known only as the John F. Cotton Hospital (JFCH), is a privately owned hospital located inside the compound of MERALCO, a major electric company in the Philippines.
Being a private facility, it is situated inside the Meralco Center at Ortigas Avenue in Pasig City. The transformation of the JFCH into an integrated corporate wellness center made the Manila Electric Company the first corporation in the Philippines to institutionalize the implementation of such a program.
For 40 years since its conception as a private hospital, the John F. Cotton Hospital had been labeled as the healthcare custodian of Manila Electric Company employees. It was a tertiary hospital that catered medical and health care needs to employees. Its fair market value was estimated to be at P5,519,190 in March 2003.
The JFCH was formally transformed into a Corporate Wellness Center (CWC) on September 16, 2004 in order to continue securing the welfare and well being of Meralco’s 5,000 employees. The change was enacted by Manuel M. Lopez, the chairman and chief executive officer of Meralco, and was designed to prolong the vision of Lopez’s father, Eugenio Lopez, Sr. (first Filipino owner of Meralco), and is in line with the company's policy of securing the welfare and well-being of its personnel. The change also put into use a new concept in employee healthcare, which is preventive rather than curative. The edifice of the new Corporate Wellness Center was officially inaugurated on July 20, 2005.
The result of the implementation of the change resulted to the outsourcing of John F. Cotton Hospital’s in-patient services to The Medical City, a hospital in close proximity to the Meralco headquarters. This outsourcing of in-patient services to The Medical City, allowed the center to place more attention on preventive measures rather than curative programs, resulting to decreased health care costs and increase in company productivity. Despite the change, the center still focuses on medical services that include outpatient services and the promotion of healthy living among employees. The goals of the center also include the promotion of lifestyle changes, efficient health maintenance, and the provision of an integrated and holistic approach to total health care and promotion, which also covers nutrition, medical, physical, spiritual and social, and psychological and emotional aspects of employee wellness.
Its support facilities include diagnostic instruments, X-ray equipment, a clinical laboratory, a fitness center. In addition to this, the company itself operates 42 canteens throughout its franchise area. The current set-up as a corporate wellness center provides well-rounded healthcare program for Meralco’s staff which includes programs for occupational health disease prevention and control, wellness promotion and education. Its services are compartmentalized into three major areas: basic corporate health, corporate wellness, and corporate social responsibility.
A core care team was formed and currently leads and coordinates the delivery of integrated wellness programs to employees. The physician who is currently in charge of the overall management and administration of the John F. Cotton center, including the provision of medical care, is Dr. Efren R. Vicaldo, who is also the head the Congenital Heart Disease section of the Philippine Heart Center and the Cardiology section of the FEU NRMF Medical Center. The medical director is Dr. Angelito P. Obillo, and another administrator is Dr. Rafael B. Agra.
- MySearch.ph John F. Cotton Hospital Center for Corporation Wellness (Pasig), Directory of Government and Private Hospitals In Metro Manila, MySearch.ph
- Meralco’s Cotton Hospital Transformed into CWC, A New Concept in Healthcare, Meralco Millennium Foundation, Inc. & MERALCO, Benpres-Holdings.com
- John F. Cotton Hospital, Meralco Annual Report, p. 23 (11 of 24), 2005
- John F. Cotton Hospital, fair market value: P5,519,190, Table 13: Proportionate value of land and land rights used by Meralco’s affiliates and others, ERC Case Nos. 2001-646 and 2001-900, Energy Regulatory Commission, San Miguel Avenue, Pasig City, Republic of the Philippines, 20 March 2003, pp. 67 and 70 of 104
- Meralco’s John F. Cotton Hospital, Santos, Jessica V. (head)., Corporate Social Responsibility Office CSR Projects of Selected Member Companies, p. 3 (…) Meralco’s John F. Cotton Hospital (…) and p. 18 (…) Area of focus: Health, Name of project: Corporate Wellness Center (formerly John F. Cotton Hospital), Outputs/Outcomes/Beneficiaries reached: to contribute to the wellness and health of the Meralco community by providing preventive medicine, Location/Partners: Meralco employees and dependents (…), LopezGroup.org
- John F. Cotton Hospital of Meralco, Corporate Wellness Center, (…) Corporate Wellness Center: In 2005, the John F. Cotton Hospital of Meralco was transformed into the Corporate Wellness Center whose services are compartmentalized into three areas: Basic Corporate Health, Corporate Wellness, and Corporate Social Responsibility (…), Meralco Millennium Foundation, Inc. & MERALCO, LopezGroup.org
- “John F. Cotton Hospital.” List of licensed clinical laboratories - CY 2004, Center for Health Development - Metro Manila, p. 9 of 20]