John F. Kennedy Memorial Airport
|John F. Kennedy Memorial Airport|
|Owner||City & County of Ashland|
|Elevation AMSL||827 ft / 252 m|
John F. Kennedy Memorial Airport (IATA: ASX, ICAO: KASX, FAA LID: ASX) is a city and county owned public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Ashland, a city in Ashland County, Wisconsin, United States. It is also known as JFK Memorial Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
John F. Kennedy Memorial Airport covers an area of 511 acres (207 ha) at an elevation of 827 feet (252 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 2/20 is 5,197 by 100 feet (1,584 x 30 m) with approved LOC and GPS approaches and 13/31 is 3,498 by 75 feet (1,066 x 23 m) with approved GPS approaches.
For the 12-month period ending September 28, 2016, the airport had 10,525 aircraft operations, an average of 29 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% air taxi. In January 2017, there were 25 aircraft based at this airport: 21 single-engine, 1 multi-engine, 1 jet and 2 ultralights. 
- FAA Airport Master Record for ASX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective Jan 5, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- JFK Memorial Airport at City of Ashland web site
- "JFK Memorial Airport" (PDF). at Wisconsin DOT Airport Directory
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ASX, effective February 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: