John Fallon (businessman)
John Joseph Fallon
August 1962 (age 56)
|Education||University of Hull|
|Title||CEO, Pearson plc|
He became the director of communications of Pearson in 1997. He was on the board of directors of Interactive Data Corporation from 2000 to 2007. In 2010, he became the international education chief executive. He has been the CEO of Pearson since 2013, replacing Marjorie Scardino. In 2013, he decided to close the adult education unit in the UK, Pearson in Practice, which provided apprenticeships to put adults back to work, as it was unprofitable.
Fallon is married and has two daughters.
- "Pearson PLC". Companies House. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- MediaGuardian 100 2013: 23. John Fallon, The Guardian, 1 September 2013
- John Fallon, Bloomberg Business
- James Ashton. "Pearson's John Fallon: Swapping textbooks for tablets, the boss with a new school of thought". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Gideon Spanier (7 January 2013). "John Fallon takes Pearson helm and axes adult education". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 19 April 2015.