John Feetham (bishop)
Feetham was born into an ecclesiastical family, his father was the Reverend William Feetham, Rural Dean of Raglan, Monmouthshire and his mother the daughter of an archdeacon. He was educated at Marlborough College and Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
Feetham was ordained in 1899. After a curacy at St Simon Zelotes, Bethnal Green, he was Principal of the Brotherhood of the Good Shepherd (one of the Australian Bush Brotherhoods). In 1913 he was ordained to the episcopate as the fourth Bishop of North Queensland.
Feetham is commemorated in the Australian Anglican calendar on 15 September.
- "Bishop's Lodge (entry 600883)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- James Cook University of North Queensland
- Anglo-Catholicism in Australia
- Who was Who 1987-1990: London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Feetham, John Oliver (FTN892JO)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times, 14 December 1891 p. 12, "University Intelligence Oxford, Dec. 12"
- The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory, London, John Phillips, 1900
- ADB on-line
- NLA Catalogue
- "Ecclesiastical Intelligence. New Bishop Of North Queensland", The Times 1 November 1912, p. 4.
- "Obituary Bishop Of North Queensland", The Times 16 September 1947, p. 6
- Cathedral website
|Anglican Communion titles|
George Horsfall Frodsham
|Bishop of North Queensland
Wilfrid Bernard Belcher
|This article about an individual Australian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|