John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel
|2nd Baron Arundel|
2nd Baron Maltravers
|Born||30 November 1364|
|Died||14 August 1390|
|Spouse(s)||Elizabeth le Despenser|
|Issue||John FitzAlan, 13th Earl of Arundel|
|Father||John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel|
John FitzAlan, 2nd Baron Arundel, 2nd Baron Maltravers jure matris, also called John de Arundel (30 November 1364 – 14 August 1390), of Buckland, Surrey, was the son and heir of John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel by his wife Eleanor Maltravers, the grand-daughter and eventual heiress of John Maltravers, 1st Baron Maltravers.
He married Elizabeth le Despenser, daughter of Edward le Despencer, 1st Baron le Despencer (Despenser), by Elizabeth Burghersh, daughter and heiress of Bartholomew de Burghersh, 2nd Baron Burghersh. They had issue:
- John Fitzalan, 6th Earl of Arundel, 3rd Baron Maltravers (1385-1421), eldest son and heir;
- Thomas Fitzalan (d.1430) of Betchworth Castle in Surrey;
- Edward (or Edmund) Arundel.
- Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700 By Frederick Lewis Weis, Lines: 21–32, 74–35, 212–34
- Medieval Lands Project on John d'Arundel FitzAlan