John Gast (painter)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
His most famous work is American Progress (1872), but little is known about his life.
- Obituary in the Brooklyn Eagle, July 27, 1896, p. 7, c. 2.
- Biography of John Gast on askart.com.
- John Gast, American Progress, 1872, essay by Martha A. Sandweiss on City University of New York website.
- Two lithographies by John Gast on Library of Congress website.
- Entry in Goulding's New York City directory (1877), listing him as GAST JOHN, artist & lithographer, 39 Park pl. h B'klyn
|This article about a painter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|