John Green (priest)
|Chaplain of the Fleet|
|Church||Church of England|
|In office||March 2006 to October 2010|
|Other posts||Archdeacon Pastor, Diocese of Coventry (2012–2017) |
Archdeacon for the Royal Navy (2006–2010)
|Born||14 August 1953|
|Alma mater||North East London Polytechnic|
|Years of service||1991–2010|
|Unit||Royal Navy Chaplaincy Service|
|Commands held||Director General of the Royal Navy Chaplaincy Service|
|Awards||Companion of the Order of the Bath|
John Green, Church of England priest and former Royal Navy chaplain. He was Chaplain of the Fleet, Director General of the Naval Chaplaincy Service and Archdeacon for the Royal Navy from 2006 to 2010. He was Archdeacon Pastor in the Diocese of Coventry from 2012 until his retirement in 2017.(born 14 August 1953) is a
He was born on 14 August 1953 and educated at North East London Polytechnic. From 1974 to 1980 he was a Project Engineer with Thorn Lighting Ltd. He was ordained in 1983 after studying at Lincoln Theological College and began his ecclesiastical career with curacies at St Michael and All Angels, Watford and St. Stephen's Church, St. Albans.
He became a naval chaplain in 1991: his service included
- HMS Sultan, 1991–92
- 3rd Destroyer Sqdn, 1992–93
- HMNB Portsmouth, 1993–94
- HMS Excellent, 1994–95
- Minor Warfare Vessel Flotilla, 1996–98
- Staff Chaplain to Chaplain of the Fleet, 1998–2001
- HMS Ark Royal, 2001–03
- HMS Collingwood, 2003–06
- Chaplain of the Fleet and Director General, Naval Chaplaincy Service 2006-2010
He headed the Naval Chaplaincy Service Board of Management with responsibility for policy making and overall leadership. As Archdeacon for the Royal Navy he was the senior Anglican chaplain in the Royal Navy.
In September 2013, Green became Associate Minister at St Mary Magdalen, Chapelfields, in the Diocese of Coventry, a post which he relinquished on his retirement in 2017.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 (100th edition), Church House Publishing (ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0)
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Church web site
- "No. 59282". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2009. p. 2.
|Church of England titles|
| Chaplain of the Fleet