John Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Right Honourable
The Earl of Verulam
|Born||John Duncan Grimston
21 April 1951
|Title||Earl of Verulam|
|Tenure||15 April 1973–present|
|Predecessor||John Grimston, 6th Earl of Verulam|
|Issue||James Grimston, Viscount Grimston
The Hon. Hugo Guy Sylvester Grimston
Lady Flora Grimston
The Hon. Sam George Grimston
|Parents||John Grimston, 6th Earl of Verulam
Marjorie Ray Duncan
John Duncan Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam (born 21 April 1951), styled Viscount Grimston between 1960 and 1973, is a British peer.
Grimston is the son of John Grimston, 6th Earl of Verulam. He succeeded in the earldom in 1973 on the death of his father.
For 14 years until 1996 he was a director of corporate finance at Barings Bank. He was a Managing Director of ABN-AMRO Bank from 1996 to 2000. He was a Director and Vice-Chairman of Kleinwort Benson Private Bank from 2001 to 2008. He is currently a senior adviser to Lord North Street Ltd, Chairman of Grimston Trust Ltd and founding partner of the Verulam Consulting group.
Lord Verulam married Dione Smith in 1976. They have four children:
- James Grimston, Viscount Grimston (b. 6 January 1978), who was married on 26 July 2008 to Lady Rosanagh Viola Alexandra Innes-Ker (b. 16 January 1979) at Floors Castle on the outskirts of Kelso in the Scottish Borders. The Viscountess is the elder daughter of Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe and was an art appraiser with Sotheby's. They have two sons, John Innes Archie (b. 10 August 2010), and Guy Robert (b. 21 December 2011), and a daughter Violet Mary (b. 8 October 2014), Viscount Grimston is a fund manager.
- Hon. Hugo Guy Sylvester Grimston (b. 5 November 1979), who was married to Gallia McDermott. They have three sons, Merlin Charles (b. 5 August 2010) and twins Lorcan Sebastian and Hector Sylvester (b.31 January 2014). and a daughter Ophelia Sylvianne Fortune (b. 8 April 2015)
- Lady Flora Grimston (b. 28 September 1981), who was married in June 2013 to Peter Letanka. They have a son. Peter Letanka is the son of Dr. Stanley and Lady Christina Letanka (daughter of the 4th Earl of Cranbrook).
- Hon. Sam George Grimston (b. 18 October 1983)
|Ancestors of John Grimston, 7th Earl of Verulam|
Notes and References
- "It's love, actually, for Rosie and her banker"
- "Grimston". Daily Telegraph. August 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Grimston". Daily Telegraph. January 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "The Hon Hugo Grimston and Miss G. McDermott". Daily Telegraph. January 2008. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "GRIMSTON". Daily Telegraph. August 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "GRIMSTON". Daily Telegraph. February 2014.
- Daily Telegraph birth-announcements (11-4-2015
- "Traffic-chaos wedding was that of Earl of Verulam's daughter". The Herts Advertiser 24. 15 June 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Mr P.E. Letanka and Lady Flora Grimston". Daily Telegraph. September 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Lady Christina Gathorne-Hardy". The Peerage. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (New York: St Martin's Press, 1990)
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Gorhambury Estate - Official Webpage
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Verulam
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Verulam
|This biography of an earl in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|