John Haugland (born 23 September 1946) is a Norwegian former rally driver. He competed in 27 world rally championship events, more often than not at the wheel of a Škoda. He had four Top 10 finishes in his career. Haugland debuted in his first rally in 1965, and had over 100 class wins primarily in the 1970s and 1980s.
He worked for the Norwegian Škoda importer as a teenager and they helped him in his rally career. His first race as an official Škoda driver came in 1968. Haugland raced a few times for other, bigger teams, but preferred the camaraderie and open nature of the little Škoda team. Haugland also owned a Škoda dealership outside of Oslo.
Haugland is educated as a car technician and has gained much experience and skill in developing racing cars.
He currently works for a number of rally teams developing their cars as well as running a rally school for young drivers. Drivers who have attended his rally school include Petter Solberg, Richard Burns, Alister McRae, Martin Rowe, Mark Higgins, Guy Wilks and Luke Pinder.
- "John Haugland - WRC Driver Profile". Rallye-Info.com. Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- "Who is John Haugland, and how can he help you being a better Rally driver". Haugland Motorsport Norway. 2007-08-29. Archived from the original on 2007-12-23. Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- "Sportsactive: High speed, no grip... and ice everywhere!". The Independent on Sunday. 2003-02-23. Retrieved 2007-10-17.[dead link]
- "Profile on RallyBase". RallyBase. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- "Škoda rally legend to appear at Goodwood". DueMotori.com. 2007-06-21. Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Kjellström, PeO (1987-05-13). "Min Skoda är som en Formel 1-bil!" [My Škoda is like a Formula One car!]. Teknikens Värld (in Swedish). Stockholm, Sweden: Specialtidningsförlaget AB. 39 (11): 27.
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to European rallying is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|