|Born||January 23, 1966|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Notable work||Double Down: Game Change 2012 co-author|
|Television||With All Due Respect ,The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth|
John Arthur Heilemann (born January 23, 1966) is the co-managing editor of Bloomberg Politics, an American journalist for New York magazine, where he mainly covers US politics, and a political analyst for MSNBC.
He is the co-author (with Mark Halperin) of Double Down and Game Change, books about Presidential campaigns. He and Halperin co-host With All Due Respect, a political analysis show on Bloomberg Television and MSNBC. Heilemann is also producing and co-starring (with Mark Halperin and Mark McKinnon) in Showtime's: The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth, following the presidential candidates behind the scenes of their campaigns in the 2016 United States Presidential Election. He has been a staff writer for The New Yorker, Wired, and The Economist. He is the author of a previous book, Pride Before the Fall, about the Microsoft antitrust case. He was the host of a four-part documentary series for Discovery called Download: the True Story of the Internet, about the rise of the World Wide Web, which first aired in 2008.
Heilemann grew up in California. His family was originally from Wisconsin. Heilemann holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism and Political Science from Northwestern University and a master's degree from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
- John Heilemann Pride Before the Fall: The Trials of Bill Gates and the End of the Microsoft Era, Collins Business, January 9, 2001, ISBN 0-06-662117-8
- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime, Harper, January 2010, ISBN 0-06-173363-6
- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Double Down: Game Change 2012, Penguin Press, November 2013 ISBN 1594204403
- Fair, BusinessWeek as one of the best books of 2001 His writing has also appeared in Vanity; GQ; TIME; Outside; Republic, The New; Monthly, The Washington; times, has been anthologized in The Best American Political Writing three; Change, in The Best American Crime Writing With Game; Heilemann. "John Heilemann". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "John Heilemann". washingtonspeakers.com. Washington Speakers Bureau. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
Media related to John Heilemann at Wikimedia Commons
- Article archive at New York magazine
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- John Heilemann on Charlie Rose
- John Heilemann at the Internet Movie Database
- Works by or about John Heilemann in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|