John Heilemann in 2016
John Arthur Heilemann
January 23, 1966
Los Angeles, California
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University, B.A., Harvard University, M.P.P.|
|Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime co-author|
Double Down: Game Change 2012 co-author
|Television||With All Due Respect ,The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth|
John Arthur Heilemann (born January 23, 1966) is an American journalist and national-affairs analyst for NBC News and MSNBC. With Mark Halperin, he co-authored Double Down and Game Change, books about presidential campaigning. Heilemann has formerly been a staff writer for New York, Wired, and The Economist.
Heilemann was born in Los Angeles in 1966 and grew up in California. His family was originally from Wisconsin. Heilemann holds a bachelor's degree in journalism and political science from Northwestern University and a master's degree from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
He is the author of a book, Pride Before the Fall, about the Microsoft anti-trust case. He has been a staff writer for New York, Wired, and The Economist. He was the host of a four-part documentary series for Discovery called Download: the True Story of the Internet, about the rise of the World Wide Web, which first aired in 2008.
He is the co-author (with Mark Halperin) of Double Down and Game Change, books about Presidential campaigns. He and Halperin co-hosted With All Due Respect, a political analysis show on Bloomberg Television and MSNBC. Heilemann also produced and co-starred (with Mark Halperin and Mark McKinnon) in Showtime's: The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth, following the presidential candidates behind the scenes of their campaigns in the 2016 United States Presidential Election. Heilemann is producing and co-starring in new episodes of The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth, with Alex Wagner and Mark McKinnon, airing in Spring 2018. Heilemann is also an occasional guest on the Tony Kornheiser Show.
- John Heilemann Pride Before the Fall: The Trials of Bill Gates and the End of the Microsoft Era, Collins Business, January 9, 2001, ISBN 0-06-662117-8
- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime, Harper, January 2010, ISBN 0-06-173363-6
- Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Double Down: Game Change 2012, Penguin Press, November 2013 ISBN 1594204403
- "Tuesday's Juice". Politico. May 30, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "John Heilemann". Washington Speakers Bureau. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "FamilySearch Results". FamilySearch. (Registration required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Thanks for the chicken feet and gall bladders". The Tony Kornheiser Show. June 8, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Kornheiser, Tony (September 28, 2016). "Mr. Tony welcomes @jheil to the show today—look for it at 11am EST!". Twitter. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Heilemann, John (March 24, 2015). "Because … WU-TANG @ericmjacobs @BloombergTV". Twitter. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Heilemann, John (October 15, 2017). "Count the number of hours since it's been out then multiply by one". Twitter. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Heilemann.|