John Arthur Heilemann
January 23, 1966
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Northwestern University (BA) |
Harvard University (MPP)
|Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime co-author|
Double Down: Game Change 2012 co-author
|Television||With All Due Respect, The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth|
John Arthur Heilemann (born January 23, 1966) is an American journalist and national-affairs analyst for NBC News and MSNBC. With Mark Halperin, he co-authored Game Change (2010) and Double Down (2013), books about presidential campaigning. Heilemann has formerly been a staff writer for New York, Wired, and The Economist.
Heilemann was born in Los Angeles in 1966 and grew up in California. His family was originally from Wisconsin. Heilemann holds a bachelor's degree in journalism and political science from Northwestern University and a master's degree from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
He is the author of Pride Before the Fall (2001), a book about the Microsoft antitrust case. He has been a staff writer for New York, Wired, and The Economist. He was the host of a four-part documentary series for Discovery called Download: the True Story of the Internet, about the rise of the World Wide Web, which first aired in 2008.
He is the co-author (with Mark Halperin) of Game Change (2010) and Double Down (2013), books about Presidential campaigns. He and Halperin co-hosted With All Due Respect (2014-2017), a political analysis show on Bloomberg Television and MSNBC. Heilemann also produced and co-starred (with Halperin and Mark McKinnon) in Showtime's: The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth, following the presidential candidates behind the scenes of their campaigns in the 2016 United States Presidential Election. Heilemann is producing and co-starring in new episodes of The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth, with Alex Wagner and Mark McKinnon, airing in Spring 2018. Heilemann is also an occasional guest on The Tony Kornheiser Show and MSNBC’s Deadline: White House and Morning Joe.
Heilemann is married to Diana Rhoten and lives in Manhattan.
- Heilemann, John (2001-01-09). Pride Before the Fall: The Trials of Bill Gates and the End of the Microsoft Era. Collins Business. ISBN 0-06-662117-8.
- Heilemann, John; Halperin, Mark (January 2010). Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime. Harper. ISBN 0-06-173363-6.
- Heilemann, John; Halperin, Mark (October 2011). Race of a Lifetime: How Obama Won the White House Kindle Edition. Penguin Books. ISBN 0141961341.
- Heilemann, John; Halperin, Mark (November 2013). Double Down: Game Change 2012. Penguin Press. ISBN 1594204403.
- "Tuesday's Juice". Politico. May 30, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "John Heilemann". Washington Speakers Bureau. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "FamilySearch Results". FamilySearch.
- "Thanks for the chicken feet and gall bladders". The Tony Kornheiser Show. June 8, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Most Popular Movies and TV Shows With John Heilemann". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Heilemann.|