John Henry Silva
Family and Education
Silva was born November 17, 1980 and grew up in Chicago, Illinois. His maternal and paternal family are political refugees from Gdańsk, Poland and Havana, Cuba respectively. His mother, Barbara Dworzycki, toured the Soviet Union in 1964 with the Oberlin College Choir. His grandfather, Manuel Silva, was a friend of Ernest Hemingway. His cousin, Al Montoya, is the first Cuban American in the National Hockey League. Silva graduated from Hawthorne Scholastic Academy, New Trier High School and Harvard University.
Silva is a serial entrepreneur, and serves as a Partner at Otsuki Consulting International ( 大槻コンサルティングインターナショナル ), a firm that provides management consulting services for Japan-US business development. Previously he was co-founder of Planetary Emissions Management, a SBIR-funded firm development carbon measurement laser technology. He also was co-founder of Boston Life International School.
Academia and Writing
Silva has written and been featured in the Boston Globe,  Le Courrier, MIT Entrepreneurship Review, Boston World Partnerships, Harvard Crimson and Bloomberg. He serves as a Visiting Researcher at Harvard University; previously he was a Teaching Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He has published academic research at iRobot and Harvard Business School,. He also was an editor for Humanism and Business, published by Cambridge University Press. He also served as a consultant for Aga Khan University in Karachi and Zedaka Performing Arts Foundation in Moscow.
Silva enlisted as a US Marine rifleman and served on Yankee White Duty at The White House during the Administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. He served in over 25 domestic and international trips supporting Presidential Travel Operations. He is a recipient of the Presidential Service Badge. Silva also served in Washington, DC during 9/11 and was deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Oberlin College Archives | Holdings | Finding Guides | RG # - Name (bdate-ddate) | Scope and Content
- Death Notice: MANUEL SILVA - Chicago Tribune
- alvaro montoya, espn, irene silva - Google zoeken
- Al Montoya estampa su huella cubana en el hockey - ESPN Deportes
- CitizenCompass: John Henry Silva « Dekhnstan
- On the Radar: Incunation, an Online Hang-out for Entrepreneurs - Innovation Economy - Boston.com
- Five Keys to Cross-Pollination Networking in Boston - Global Business Hub - Boston.com
- MIT Entrepreneurship Review | The Interplay of Mind, Hand, and City: Investigating Urbanism and Entrepreneurship
- Soldiers Discuss Military Service | News | The Harvard Crimson
- Paul Kurtz
- TechnoPolitic | Venture Café