|A Grape Dope
|Also known as
Long Island, North Carolina
||Instrumental hip hop, indie hip hop, jazz, post-rock, electronica, progressive rock, dub
||Bird Show Band, Bumps, The Eternals, Exploding Star Orchestra, Five Style, The For Carnation, From Beyond, Isotope 217, Poster Children, Powerhouse Sound, Precious Wax Drippings, Pulsar Quartet, Rob Mazurek Octet, Rob Mazurek Quintet, Starlicker, Tortoise, Underground Jazz Trio
John Herndon is an American instrumental hip hop producer from Chicago, Illinois.
John Herndon is a drummer of the bands Tortoise and Isotope 217. He produced Deep Puddle Dynamics' song entitled "More from June" in 2002. He released the Missing Dragons EP under the alias A Grape Dope on Galaxia in 2003. It features a guest appearance from rapper Doseone.
- ^ Ankeny, Jason. "John Herndon". Allmusic.
- ^ Gordon, Scott (May 27, 2009). "Tortoise's John Herndon to DJ with Madison's Ka-Boom!Box at Mickey's". The A.V. Club. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012.
- ^ "A GRAPE DOPE, "MISSING DRAGONS"". Brainwashed.
- ^ Hunt, Sam (March 31, 2002). "Dusted Reviews: Deep Puddle Dynamics / Anticon - More From June / We Ain't Fessin' (double quotes)". Dusted Magazine.
- ^ Bryant, Andrew (July 2, 2003). "A Grape Dope: Missing Dragons EP". Pitchfork Media.
- ^ Lee, Andy (May 2003). "A Grape Dope - Missing Dragons". Exclaim!.