John Joyce (American politician)
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Pennsylvania's 13th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Brendan Boyle|
John Patrick Joyce
February 8, 1957
Altoona, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Penn State Altoona|
Pennsylvania State University, University Park (BS)
Temple University (MD)
John Patrick Joyce (born February 8, 1957) is an American dermatologist and politician from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He is the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania's 13th congressional district, serving since 2019. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Joyce graduated from Pennsylvania State University with his bachelor's degree and Temple University School of Medicine with his Doctor of Medicine. He completed his medical residency at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Joyce and his wife, Alice, founded Altoona Dermatology Associates. In the 2018 elections, Joyce ran for the United States House of Representatives in Pennsylvania's 13th congressional district. Joyce won the Republican Party primary election against seven other candidates with 22% of the vote. Joyce won the general election against Brent Ottaway with 70.5% of the vote.
- Pennsylvania Medical Licence Verification
- "Primary Preview: 13th Congressional District | Politics". cumberlink.com. May 12, 2018. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Blair dermatologist announces bid for 13th District | News, Sports, Jobs". Altoona Mirror. March 20, 2018. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- MICHELLE GANASSI (May 15, 2018). "13th voters: Time to re-Joyce | Somerset". dailyamerican.com. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Pennsylvania House results
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Legislation sponsored at the Library of Congress
|U.S. House of Representatives|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Pennsylvania's 13th congressional district
|U.S. order of precedence (ceremonial)|
| United States Representatives by seniority
|116th||Senate: B. Casey Jr. • P. Toomey||House: M. Doyle • G. Thompson • M. Kelly • T. Marino • M. Cartwright • S. Perry • B. Boyle • D. Evans • B. Fitzpatrick • L. Smucker • C. Lamb • M. Scanlon • S. Wild • M. Dean • C. Houlahan • J. Joyce • D. Meuser • G. Reschenthaler|
|This article about a Pennsylvania politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|